Ovulating/Fertile days and Impact on BG

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Just wondering whether any of you (ladies) - have raised BG levels during your most fertile days/ovulation?

I have PCOS and don’t always ovulate with every cycle. Ovulation sticks are useless for me (even months I have ovulated in the past they have not detected it). I am having unusual high BG levels at the moment- I usually get this ( resistance) before I am due on.

My fertility app suggests I may be ovulating.

With my PCOS my periods come when they want (usually a longer cycle). My APP makes predictions based on my last cycle (no consistent pattern).

So it may well be that I am ovulating or maybe not...

Hope that makes sense. :)

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @CranberryIce It's a fairly common occurrence amongst ovulating type 1 ladies, I get insulin resistance 3-4 days before my period and some months it can be quite bad and it can hit for me for up to a week, other months it's non existent, but as it's an endocrinolgy issue then that any inbalance with hormones will have an effect BG levels.

All I can suggest is to track it on your diary and be aware around the 'time of the month' that if your insulin needs increase to make the appropriate bolus corrections, it's a pain in the proverbial..

Reactions: CranberryIce

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So turns out I was not ovulating and it 'was' SHARK week. Little bit surprised- to say the least, as this was my shortest cycle ever- (or since PCOS).

PCOS&Type1- fun and games!!!

@Juicyj - made a note of the insulin/basal adjustments I have made for shark week. Now I just need to make sure I spot shark week when it arrives!