muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @saltyswamp
How about home made soups in a container if you have access to a microwave or a thermos flask if not?

HaileyCropper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We make up an enormous bowl of salad on a Sunday evening and I top it off with a whole pack of flaked salmon (they do different flavours eg honey roast ) or chilli king prawns - it's surprisingly filling. Or cook an extra portion the night before if you have access to a microwave- curry or chilli or stir fry on a bed of cauliflower rice. T
A big bowl of thick tasty soup is easy to do too.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I treat myself to a massive homemade salad dressed with apple cider vinegar, pepper and a pinch of sweetener. All sorts go into it - grated carrot, lettuce, avocado, frozen soya beans, frozen coriander, frozen ginger, tomato - yesterday's even featured some raw mushrooms and frozen spinach. Sometimes peppers, chillies, oh, and chick peas if I'm going to need to be carb-fuelled that day.

I top it with a wedge of cream cheese and half an avocado, or a boiled egg with or without some ham, or my absolute favourite is some tinned salmon mashed well with a spoonful of mustard and a whole load of ground ginger.

Yes, it's a time commitment, but I make it the night before then bung it into my bag in the morning to take to work. And I'm worth it!