Peripheral Neuropathy Confusion

Shorton72

Hi, I'm new here and would love some advice. I went on the Keto diet April of 2018 and my numbness went away after 3 weeks. I stayed on the diet and early this year, added in Keto cocoa with Stevia. I drank it multiple times a day for a couple months straight and my numbness came back. I stopped drinking it and went lower carb, adding foods under the dairy umbrella, plus I ate meats, low carb veggies and strawberries. After 1.5 months, I still have blurry vision and numbness and now I'm feeling a lot of pain in my feet. My blood sugar is always high. I wake feeling almost normal, but within 15 minutes, I start to feel my limbs going numb. It slowly gets 70% better when I get out of bed and go about my day. I'm always at least a little numb. But as soon as I eat, I feel like I'm wearing tight boots and tight sleeves attached to an electrocution machine. Now I'm back to the basics..meat, vegetables, and strawberries only, but I can still feel my body go numb after eating just that and it scares me. I don't know how to stop it. Any advice is appreciated.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Shorton and welcome!
First I’ll post this link to useful info we give to all new members.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/
Can you answer a few questions first to see if we can help you.
Do you take any medications? Do you test your blood sugars yourself, if so what readings are you getting? And lastly can you tell us what you eat and drink in a typical day, yesterday for example.
But aside from all, this a visit to your Dr is probably in order too.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Shorton72 - did you mean to post this in the Veggie forum, or did you want it in a wider discussion area?

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Shorton72 - did you mean to post this in the Veggie forum, or did you want it in a wider discussion area?
Oh, well spotted @WuTwo! @Shorton72 let us know here on this thread if you want your post moved and where to?
I’d suggest ‘Newly Diagnosed’.

Edited for typo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What type of Diabetes do you have?

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you talked to your doctor about this? A neurologist can perform tests to see if it is your nerves causing this or not.