Peripheral Neuropathy

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
This is a great thread. It is not often that we find solutions to diabetic issues that work for many of us. In this case: (very) low carb diet, ALA up to 1800 mg per day or R-ALA (dose?), vitamin B complex or B12 and for me fast walking, even though it can hurt till the blood flows. But be careful, if I do too much, my feet get very painful at night.

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Does anybody know if you can have Peripheral Neuropathy without having any foot problems?
I've got all of the symptoms but my feet are fine, I've got a gp appointment in a couple of weeks but was hoping someone could give me some advice in the mean time, TIA x
I have what must be the absolute Diabetic Neuropathy - by this I mean it cannot get worse than it is as far as oedema is cocerned. Yet, being in continuous pain in feet, ankles, lower legs, fingers, wrists and lower forearms I have managed to avoid the poster's problems that worry him. For me, always having painful feet underneath since childhood (wrongly diagnosed then as 'flat feet') I have paid attention to my feet as much as anyone could do to prevent knocks, projecting objects at toe level, every attention to shoes and their comfort, i.e., not to cause abrasion of any kind, and to expertly cut my toenails to avoid ingrowing toenails especially at the corners of each big toe and, in my case because I was born with downward hammer toes, to avoid hard callouses at all costs. Soft skin is HEALTHY for feet - hard skin is their enemy. No creams or ointments in my case of course but if as worrying as the poster's condition - lubricating the skin with correct oils is a must. I reached my 80th birthday a few weeks ago - so I think I can talk with some authority on this subject. HAVE JUST REALISED THAT I HAVE GOT THE WRONG END OF THE STICK and that the poster does not have these problems yet(?) but I will leave my contribution to stand.

Marco78

Most diabetic foot ulcer patients may be unaware that Cuban medication called Heberprot-P has cured thousands of people from inevitable amputation. Seen on doctorcuba soon available in the US expecting FDA approval.