Pets?

Tracyplum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have 3 dogs ( 2 yorkies and a yorkie/poodle cross, the latter was a rescue dog), 2 house cats and an albino African Pygmy hedgehog.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

brunodog25

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
HOSPITALS AND CERTAIN STAFF DOCS NBOT BEEN STRAIGHT WITH ME PREFER TRUTH THEN GET IT OVER AND DONE WITH
THE FAMILY BOUGHT ME A JACK RUSSELL PUP AS HE SEEMED TO RESPOND TO EVERYTHIONG WHEN LOOKING AT A LITTE4R LITTLE DID WE KNOW THAT HE MUST HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM HIS MOTHER ABOUT 3-4 WEEKS OLD TO YOUNG AS THEY GET THE VITAL MILK FROM MOTHER AND SHE TEACHESD THEM WHATY TO DO AND ALITTLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO. HE HAS SINCE GOT AN INTOLERANCE TO PROTEIN WHICH MAKES DOG FOOD ALOT DEARER AROUND £2 PER TIN AND TREAT ARE L;IMITED TO A VERY FEW BECAUSE OPF THIS INTOLLERANCE HE HAS DIGESTIVE ALSO. WE HAD A SUPPORT DO /SEIZURE ALERT DOG AND HE WAS GREAT IF I STOPPED BREATJHING OR VCERY SHALLOW BREATHING DURING THE NIOGHT HE USED TO WALK ON THE CRISP P[ACKETS TO WAKEN THE WIFE LITTLE TRATES LIKE THAT THE NEW DOG 4 YEARS OLD NOW HAS PICKED SOME OF HIS TRAES UP BUT IS STILL IBN HIS ADOLESENT YEARS - DOG YEARS . A OOD THING ABOUT JHIM IS IF WE HAVE COMPANY ON A NIGHT TIM,E WHEN IT COMES TOM 9PM HE LETS THE COMPANY KNOW ITS TIME TO GO BY JUST PESTERING THEM VERY USEFULL WHEN YOU ARE SHATTERED
EVEN THOUGH HE IS ALOT OD=F WORK HE IS A SAFETY ALERT FOR THE WIFE WHEN I AM IN RESPITE AND WHEN SJHE HAS HIM FOR A WALK IN WINTER WHEN DARK HE WILL NOT ALLOQW A MALE TO COME ANYWHERE NEAR HER. ALL PEOPLE NEED TO DO IS TREAT THE DOG AS YOU WOULD YOURSELF AJND ALWAYS TAKE NOTICE OF YOUR DOG HE MAY BE TRYING TO ALERT YOU TO SDOMETHING

BlindFaith

Meet Bianca, Binx for short:-
Ei9aZRj.jpg

She's a tortoiseshell and white (or Calico, depending on where you're from!) and she's owned us for 2 years.
She's a bonkers, bossy, furry little hurricane who loves chasing balled up bits of paper, baubles (keeping her away from our Christmas tree is a flippin' nightmare!) and peoples feet.

We adopted her (sorry - she adopted us...) from a girl that couldn't take her away with her when she moved and we don't think her previous human slave interacted with her very much because she's not that keen on affection. She's okay if she initiates it but will bite and claw her way through it if you approach her...

Despite that, we adore her. Especially when she brings her favorite toy into the room and presents it really proudly with a "look what I did!" expression on her face and even more so when I wake up at a ridiculous hour of the night with completely numb feet where she's hopped up onto the bed and decided my legs are the most comfortable place to sleep :D

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I have a 7yr old red miniature daschund called Bertie and 2 corn snakes which are 8 yrs old and about 5ft long.

Prosperity89

I'm living with four pets at the minute, technically I have six pets, but my parents adopted my cat Molly as he doesn't play well with others. He was mistakenly identified as a girl after we took him in and then about a year later, he was correctly identified as a castrated male! He doesn't listen to any other name other than Molly. I also have a pet rabbit called Pippin, who my parents also look after because we don't have room in the garden but I see him every week and cuddle him lots, since I recently lost me guinea pig and Pippin's companion, Tilly.

The pets I live with now are two dogs and two cats. The two dogs and one of the cats are my boyfriends but I've adopted them now, and they like me almost as much as they like him :).

Dog Sheba is a cross breed German Shepherd/Whippet/Fast and Strong thing. She's an escape artist, has separation anxiety and loves to run around in circles.

Dog Ben is also a cross breed, he's a Colly/German Shepherd furry thing who went blind when he was two due to a genetic condition. He likes to eat everything in sight, including candle wax and cat litter and he loves walks.

Cat 1, who is my boyfriend's cat is called Crow and he's a very black, sleek sophisticated kitty. Occasionally he does silly things like climb up the punching bag and jumping off and he has a very strange calling sound.

My kitten Rook is a tabby and white cat almost a year old now. He's a terror, but I love him. At the minute, he's currently obsessed with going outside (both our cat's are indoor due to the area we live in) and I can only entice him back in with milk. Both cat's are very loving, and like to sit on our heads while we sleep :/.

Crow went missing last year for two whole weeks and he came back on his own. He was rake thin and had a tick on his face, but the adventure did him some good as he's not afraid of anything. The other cat Rook is afraid of EVERYTHING he goes crazy when strangers are in the house, he hides in boxes and he complains every time you pick him up. He's also afraid of my boyfriend, as he is the "bad cop" when it comes to the pets. I don't like to tell them off.

It gets crazy sometimes with four pets and a small house, but we're like a little clan, and we all look after each other. :)

sazdragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Bullies!!
I have a dog called Rex who is a Collie-Cross Spaniel, He's 11 years old :D

Kayla

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have 2 Dachshunds Buttons he is 5 (6 on Mothers Day) and Pebbies she is 2 :)
They are absolutely lovely so emotional and affectionate :)