Pins and Needles and Feeling Cold

galgal

hi guys,

Just need your input on a couple of things as i am still learning

1. Pins and Needles - I tend to get these in my feet after a long walk - it lasts four about 15 minutes. Is this normal.

2. Feeling cold - I seem to be feeling a lot colder than normal lately - I will say in work "wow it so cold today" and people are saying they are not a bit cold - is this normal too? Are diabetics colder in general.

and finally, maybe this is my imagination but I seem to have become very pale looking since my diagnoses - is this normal or is it all in my head. :lol:

thanks

croftmanor

Dislikes
arrogant and assertive drivers, people with BO, no excuse for it these days
Hi GalGal
I found i used to get pins and needles and cramps in my feet and calves, but i discovered they were due to an intolerence to Simvastatin, one of the usual drugs that they give to type 2's
it may be just that your levels are still quite high for glucose and in could well all feel better as levels reduce?
I have never noticed myself feeling any colder than before diagnosis, but then again it could be that as my levels came down slowly over a long period of time it may not have been noticable

Ah bit yes i did feel that my skin tone had got paler!!, so much so i have taken to having some short and light tanning sessions on a sunbed, makes me feel better and if done in moderation and with sense i think its a lot safer than trying to cram all the tanning into a 2 week holiday !
let us know your thoughts on it?
Crofty

oh and welcome to the forum

galgal

Thanks Crofty for your input.

I have taken to wearing a bit more bronzer to make myself look alive - I feel I look really pale and yukky now compared to before. But the bronzer did the trick.

I only got cramps once and I don't know if it was diabetes related - I was diagnosed on a Wednesday and I asked the doctors what would I do - she told me to come back to her on the following Monday but to just act normal until then and to cut out the sugar. I had a wedding that weekend - I "acted norma" and had a good few drinks at the wedding (cider of course, the worst possible drink I now know, but didn't at the time) - I went to bed that night - I woke up in the middle of the night where my big toe had turned upwards and was bending back towards my knee - it was the worst cramp I ever got and it was ghastly to look at - I couldn't move it and I had to have help getting out of bed to walk on it, it was that sore. Anyway the cramp went and I went back to sleep, only to wake up an hour later with the same thing - on the other foot - this one was so bad that for about three days afterwards the back of my leg was sore, even to it was my big toe that "curled". But I don't know if that was due to diabetis or not. flippin sore dose tho.

croftmanor

Dislikes
arrogant and assertive drivers, people with BO, no excuse for it these days
Oh i remember acting as "normal" as i could when i was diagnosed :lol: , i did for a short while go through the stage where i was convinced that the tablets would do all the work for me and that i didnt need to take any action :shock: , Soon learned though
there are many strange things that seem to occur when we discover we are diabetic, some related and some not, always best to discuss it with your GP or Nurse,
as ever always someone here who will have the benefit of experience, and always someone to give advice, you can even use the private message system if you need some confidential words
I found lots of help here from reading the forums and asking a few questions
let me know how you get on, best regards
Crofty