Prediabetes Pins and Needles

Jules_

Hi everyone,
I am a newbie and delighted to be part of the forum.
I have been experiencing 'pins and needles' and slight numbness feeling in my right leg and arm for the past 14/15 months.
I was referred to a neurosurgeon and had a few MRI's , and thankfully nothing was found to be causing the pins and needles feeling.
I have recently found out I am pre diabetic, result was 43 mmol/mol
I am 37 and I have had gestational diabetes twice since 2015, and I finished up breastfeeding a few weeks before the pins and needles started.
I am wondering is a 'pins and needles' feeling a common symptom in Diabetes? I am very worried about nerve damage so far.
Thanks for reading , I would be so grateful for any information.
Jules

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
IMHO, it doesn’t seem like a high blood sugar issue being the feeling is on one side of your body. but it wouldn’t hurt to get your BG under control.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie and delighted to be part of the forum.
I have been experiencing 'pins and needles' and slight numbness feeling in my right leg and arm for the past 14/15 months.
I was referred to a neurosurgeon and had a few MRI's , and thankfully nothing was found to be causing the pins and needles feeling.
I have recently found out I am pre diabetic, result was 43 mmol/mol
I am 37 and I have had gestational diabetes twice since 2015, and I finished up breastfeeding a few weeks before the pins and needles started.
I am wondering is a 'pins and needles' feeling a common symptom in Diabetes? I am very worried about nerve damage so far.
Thanks for reading , I would be so grateful for any information.
Jules
Could be as simple as vitamin b deficiency. Are you on any medication right now?