Pizza Last night

DavideB

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Well after 7 months and being really good and lost 19 kilos, we went out with some friends and I decided it was time to have a Pizza and see what happens......

I have to say first that in Italy they do know what Pizza is all about, you can have it as you want, from the normal full fat pizza, to Kamut Flour Pizza... I had a "Integrale" (wheat pizza sort of wholemeal) I did not eat the crust and 2 hours later my BS was 5.3 Also in Italy (north) they are so so thin you can not pick them up, they believe the thinner the pizza the easier to digest...BUT HAY I HAD A PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Sounds great :thumbup: and congratulations on the weight loss :clap:

hallii

Glad you enjoyed it.

Weight loss and carb control can rest your pancreas to some extent, also your insulin resistance can improve as a reult.

So when you eat something like a Pizza you find that your body can now cope.

However, if you do it all the time your body might just decide it cannot cope any more and go back to how it was.

I know I can eat all sorts of things and "get away" with it, I try not to do it to often though, I like my HbA1c being 5.3% (Last week).

My experience is that you can only do this after a period of good control, so newbies take note, stick on your diet, when you have got things under control for a good period of time you might be able to have the odd treat as well.

I will have, as a treat, a braised parsnip and two roast potatoes on Christmas day, I will not have mince pies or Christmas pudding, I will have some nuts and berries with double cream. I no longer want the wrong things any more, although I do fancy chips sometimes :D

H

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds really good and well deserved.

The Pizza's in Italy must be the bees knees.

Roy. :)