Type 2 Please Answer my Question

thaddydv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Please answer why my blood sugar reading is 3.7
When I wake up my blood sugar is usually about 7 mmol/ L
For breakfast at 8.30am I have one slice of low carb bread toast with cottage cheese and 3 Ryvitas also with cottage cheese

At 10.am I have 2 multigrain Ryvitas with mild cheddar cheese and a strawberry

At 10.30am I walk to Costa and have a medium Americano and half a Toastie with Cheese and Wiltshire ham I shop and then walk home
Total walk is 5miles At 12.30 I take my blood sugar and it’s 3.7 to 4.3

My Question is why is my blood sugar reading so low

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You are going to have to phone your GP, because the glicizide is lowering your blood levels towards hypo levels and you need a dosage reduction or to come off the tablets completely.

Reactions: oldgreymare

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
My money is like bulkbiker's on over medication. Gliclazide in particular can cause hypos.

Reactions: oldgreymare

thaddydv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank u so much for your replies really very useful didn’t know before your answers that Gliclazide could be the cause
I will add that I see this reading just before my dinner I take my blood sugar about 6pm before my tea and it’s between 5.4 and 6.2

thaddydv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello it’s me again
So I’ve been taken off Gliclazide after your advise and now I’ve been put on Linagliptin 5mg Tablets I’ve not started taking them as after reading the side effects I’m bit unsure Any advise would be very helpful Thank you

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I was on linagliptin for about 6 months and had no issues it reduced my bg a little…. But I’m t1. So the only thing that’s really effective for me is insulin

I guess it’s your choice if you take it or not.. just keep an eye on your bg to make sure it’s not going too high without them

Hotpepper20000

Hello it’s me again
So I’ve been taken off Gliclazide after your advise and now I’ve been put on Linagliptin 5mg Tablets I’ve not started taking them as after reading the side effects I’m bit unsure Any advise would be very helpful Thank you
Your choice if you want to take them.
Many forum members have reduced their numbers by eating low carb and keto and being able to be medication free

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So at the moment you are on no medication? What are your numbers like? Are you still eating as you were in the first post?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank u so much for your replies really very useful didn’t know before your answers that Gliclazide could be the cause
I will add that I see this reading just before my dinner I take my blood sugar about 6pm before my tea and it’s between 5.4 and 6.2

The reason why you have been prescribed linagliptin, is to increase your initial insulin response because it is still affected by insulin resistance. This will offset the high spikes and ultimately lower your blood glucose levels. A low carb diet will also help you. I have been on sitagliptin for nearly a decade, no side effects.

Keep safe