1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Please can we have a forum section on reactive hypoglycaemia?

Discussion in 'Reactive Hypoglycemia' started by Brunneria, Oct 7, 2014.

1. nailchewer

nailchewer Type 1.5 · Member

I have found that i need to limit carbs, increase fats and veg to keep a 5.8 bg reading. I am type 2 and not overweight. I swim most days and am very active in the garden an on the allotment. I have also found that eating
    little and often is better than 3 meals for me.
    Nothing after 8pm .
    When i say limit carbs i mean limit maximum of 1 slice of chia bread a day maximum and 2 oz of a bran cereal. I cook from scratch and have a large desert of stewed apples and make my own custard with whole milk and no sugar every day. I love apples and custard. I use soya for all other drinks. Hope this helps

2. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

That diet would peak my blood glucose, a large desert of stewed apples would push me over the top on carbs! If I eat apples at all the max I have in one sitting is a quarter of an apple! regards Derek

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook