Please explain your fatigue.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Fatigue is something that I know about.
I believed that I was so utterly tired because I was diabetic, and that it's what we all faced. Diabetes gave my fatigue a name and a reason, and I never thought that life would be any different. Earlier this year I started to get bone pains in my shoulders, neck, fingers, and hips. As silly as it sounds, the pain in my thumb sent me to my GP. Shoulders etc can be rested... Try resting your opposable thumb!
I was sent for a ruck of tests and had a rather urgent call back a few days later instructing me to go to the Chemist, pick up the high strength Vitamin D supplements from them and start taking them. At a consultation a week or two later my GP explained that I had the lowest Vit D levels that she had ever seen and that it would take 12 months to bring them up to normal.
It's been about 6 weeks, and I feel like a different person. I didn't know I could have this much energy!

So although fluctuating glucose levels can make you tired, if you are bone achingly tired and exhausted with life, look for another cause!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
joining this discussion very late but @Contralto mentioned sleep apnea
this is something that has been mentioned by my GP to me , and I fit a lot of the symptoms.
( currently being investigated )

it is worth looking into for anyone who has posted with symptoms on this thread -- .

sofy

I am t/2 .I always eat low carb but I cannot seem to lose much weight .I am very lethargic ,cant get to sleep and feel ill xx I don't take any tablets tried 2 lots ,,,,,,,,,.no good to me .any suggestions xx

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I am t/2 .I always eat low carb but I cannot seem to lose much weight .I am very lethargic ,cant get to sleep and feel ill xx I don't take any tablets tried 2 lots ,,,,,,,,,.no good to me .any suggestions xx
it might be worth looking outside of the D diagnosis
investigating thyroid or sleep issues is a starting point,as well as vit D issues .

I wish you all the best in finding a solution
himtoo
x