Please explain your fatigue.

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I wanna know how does your fatigue interfere your daily life and how you dealt with it? Sometimes I can't help it but I am beginning to doze off in front of people. :/ how do you help yourselves lol.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats a problem What do you Think would help you ? What is your diet ? Do you know if you get enough nutrients and vitamins ?

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally for me the constant fatigue is a thing of the past.

I am now bursting with energy and sleep far less than I did prior to diagnosis.

Tight control of BG levels is the key, along with a Low Carb lifestyle in my case.

Sauron

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons
As mentioned ensure your BG levels are stable and ensure that you are getting the vitamins and minerals your body needs

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
It's easy to explain my fatigue, it's usually as a result of prolonged strenuous exercise or night-time rolling around. I used to get tired during the day and nap during the evening, but since following the LCHF diet, losing weight and exercising it's not a problem. Actually I sleep less in total - about 6 hours a night max.

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wanna know how does your fatigue interfere your daily life and how you dealt with it? Sometimes I can't help it but I am beginning to doze off in front of people. :/ how do you help yourselves lol.
It doesn't, anymore.

I assumed my fatigue was the result of being overworked (I work 80-100 hours a week), and lack of sleep. That hasn't changed, but I no longer have the bone-tired fatigue. That changed within a month of being diagnosed with diabetes and taking control of my blood glucose levels.

I am controlling my blood glucose with diet - and the very brief flashes of fatigue I've experienced since diagnosis have all been associated with BG elevated above around 7.2. (I control my BG by strictly limiting my carb intake - but the connection between flashes of fatigue and BG strongly suggest to me that the source for me is out-of-control BG, rather than the carb elimination.)

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
wow congratulations guys. how are you guys not tired?

I don't know why even with less sleep, like even for 5-6 hours, I keep feeling groggy and have morning stiffness so then till i tried to sleep it off for 10 hours, it works only for a couple of hours to keep me alive and I can just feel like i wanna passed out in the evening for another 3 hours. i can't wait for my blood test i can't wait. for what I know my thyroid hormones, vitamins and mineral levels are ridiculously low but we are waiting for my sugar results. many times, the lethargy made me eat less. :/ and.... whats BG?

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
wish me good luck this thursday guys!!. this week is hospital week. HAHAHAH omg im scared hahaha.... should i go for eye screening test the following tuesday? i fear eye check the most, it keeps on progressing..... Neurology first then ophthalmology then maybe back to that freaking diabetes centre with my endocrine.. omg... :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Wishing you good luck for Thursday, it can't be easy living with other health conditions on top of your diabetes, maybe discuss with your Dr if the some of the fatigue could be down to side-effects of the meds that you take.

Again good luck with your appointments and keep us updated on your progress.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Fatigue seems to affect all my cells in my body, including the brain. I don't think the blood glucose is as significant as diabetes itself, though a high does make you sleepy. Recently I have noticed that not being as aware of hypos as I was in the first year, that too can make you sleepy without knowledge of hypoglycemia. Anyone else progress to this stage?

Reactions: teeekilicious18

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fatigue seems to affect all my cells in my body, including the brain. I don't think the blood glucose is as significant as diabetes itself, though a high does make you sleepy. Recently I have noticed that not being as aware of hypos as I was in the first year, that too can make you sleepy without knowledge of hypoglycemia. Anyone else progress to this stage?

Hi, Erin, yes I can relate to that.
I called it my hypo hell.
My blood glucose levels were bouncing around into hyper then hypo. Not being aware of what was going on. I would find myself in all types of places, bewildered, flustered, forgetfulness, brain fog.
Since being very low carb, I am so sensitive to when my bloods go out of normal range.

teeekilicious18

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Wishing you good luck for Thursday, it can't be easy living with other health conditions on top of your diabetes, maybe discuss with your Dr if the some of the fatigue could be down to side-effects of the meds that you take.

Again good luck with your appointments and keep us updated on your progress.

it isn't. I've been miserable till my friends dragged me out of misery. they told me to look at it as if it's my source of strength and never to betray my medical bracelet. laughter has always been the best medicine aye.

Tabby07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I went through a phase of fatigue which was a problem as my managers at work were unsympathetic. Saw my GP who referred me to the local Endocrinology unit and after many blood tests they decided I was low on testosterone, vitamins B12 and D and iron. Now on testosterone replacement and three monthly B12 injections. The difference is made of been remarkable and I'm now bouncing off the walls. You do need to be careful with the testosterone as it can mess around with your haematacrit levels (red blood cells).

Magilly666

My fatigue is constant down to chronic fatigue syndrome, plus T2D is an ongoing nightmare, have had to give up work. Good luck to you all.

daven52

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have been a type 1 diabetic for 47 years and tiredness came on about 6 years ago affecting me in the afternoon to a point I could not do any work. From midyear 2015 I have got worse until I had to give up work at the end of last year. Had lots of tests and a spell in hospital still no answer to the problem. At least I am not alone with this problem. My glucose levels are ok.

Reactions: hollyslot

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wow congratulations guys. how are you guys not tired?

I don't know why even with less sleep, like even for 5-6 hours, I keep feeling groggy and have morning stiffness so then till i tried to sleep it off for 10 hours, it works only for a couple of hours to keep me alive and I can just feel like i wanna passed out in the evening for another 3 hours. i can't wait for my blood test i can't wait. for what I know my thyroid hormones, vitamins and mineral levels are ridiculously low but we are waiting for my sugar results. many times, the lethargy made me eat less. :/ and.... whats BG?

Tired (which I am) is different from fatigue. With fatigue, no matter how many hours I sleep - even if I could manage a month of vacation - I would still be dragging and falling asleep in the middle of things. I'm tired all of the time. I'm just not fatigued any more.

BG = blood glucose. My fatigue (and something close to depression) is very closely tied to elevated blood glucose for me. (Others who eat a diet close to mine link the fatigue improvement to diet - low carb, moderate proteen, wtih the remainder of the calories coming from fats)

I also have Hashimoto's hypothyroiditis (an autoimmune thyroid condition). Fortunately, I've never noticed any symptoms I can tie to that - although fatige is often a symptom with that as well.

Reactions: Deb1million

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am battling fatigue constantly, but not just because of diabetes. I have a bit to deal with. I'm also on about 4 meds that cause drowsiness so no doubt they contribute to it. My way of managing it is I literally crash every 3rd day. I work part time for this reason as docs say I need to get extra rest. My chronic burping and spasms I get take a lot out of me. So today is my day I don't work. I'm about to head back to bed. I have to go to a medical appointment this afternoon. But usually I don't function too well on Wednesday, Saturdays, and even Sundays. I don't get a lot done on those days. Occasionally I do, but that isn't the norm. People are always asking me what I do on my day off work... I always answer 'rest'... what else do you think I should be doing? Hello, my body doesn't function the same as yours does. I often get amazed at just how much others get done, I used to be the same, but not these days.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I also have other autoimmune issues in addition to the diabetes. Fatigue to me does not mean tired. It is, for me, related to systemic inflammation. I will decide I want to do something like clean a closet and will go open the door and just can't make myself do it. Things like that become overwhelming because of the effort required. I do not sleep well and will go days on little sleep then crash for 12 hours.

T2CK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suffer from pre-dawn syndrome which spikes me up to between 9 and 14 before breakfast. Glucose only comes down after eating and moving around. I wake up really fatigued but am OK after eating and moving. Takes about an hour to start feeling OK. Have tried every trick in the book to reduce morning readings but nothing seems to work. Other than that I don't experience undue fatigue during the day. Type 2 since 2001.

Reactions: teeekilicious18