Type 2 Please help me.How I get novorapid insulin at France?

jazzy1211

Hello there,

Sorry to take your time,I am fresh graduate student who are going to start internship at France soon,it will take 6 months and i am really worried about my insulin now. I don't know how can i get that at France and also wanna know the price of Novorapid,because I don't think i have health care at France.

I hope somebody could help me with it.Thanks so much.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jazzy, welcome to the forum! Are you registered with a doctor in the UK?

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jazzy, I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner. Unfortunately I don't know how to advise, but I'm hoping someone else will. Do you have a doctor that you could discuss the situation with? Or the company arranging your internship in France?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Lizdeluz,thanks for your reply.I am not registered at UK because currently I am stay at Malaysia.
Are you going to be interning at a large french company or somewhere small? I'm guessing that a large company would be able to arrange some kind of healthcare cover. You will likely not be eligible for any French public healthcare as a Malaysian national so you may have to purchase your own insulin. I would contact whoever you are interning with quite soon to make sure this has been covered. Did they ask if you had any medical conditions before accepting you for the internship?

jazzy1211

Are you going to be interning at a large french company or somewhere small? I'm guessing that a large company would be able to arrange some kind of healthcare cover. You will likely not be eligible for any French public healthcare as a Malaysian national so you may have to purchase your own insulin. I would contact whoever you are interning with quite soon to make sure this has been covered. Did they ask if you had any medical conditions before accepting you for the internship?

Hi bulkbiker,thanks for your reply. They didn't ask me anything about health condition also I don't really want anyone know I am a diabetic so I plan to deal by myself

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi bulkbiker,thanks for your reply. They didn't ask me anything about health condition also I don't really want anyone know I am a diabetic so I plan to deal by myself
I am not a Type 1 but... if you were to hypo at work who would help if no-one knows you are diabetic?
You will presumably be in a strange country without much of a support network? Are you fluent in French? I would counsel that someone should know at the company where you are interning for your own safety.

jazzy1211

Hi Jazzy, I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner. Unfortunately I don't know how to advise, but I'm hoping someone else will. Do you have a doctor that you could discuss the situation with? Or the company arranging your internship in France?
hello lizdeluz, I plan to contact with my HR soon ask about health insurance,thanks for your remind:)

Reactions: lizdeluz

jazzy1211

I am not a Type 1 but... if you were to hypo at work who would help if no-one knows you are diabetic?
You will presumably be in a strange country without much of a support network? Are you fluent in French? I would counsel that someone should know at the company where you are interning for your own safety.
I think you are right for safety reason I should contact them, i cant speak French only know the basic

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you are right for safety reason I should contact them, i cant speak French only know the basic
I have a little experience of the French healthcare system as I lived there for 3 years. If you are in a major city then I imagine that most doctors will speak some english but detailed medical discussions may be difficult. Where will you be based? It might be worth trying to find a doctor who speaks english and contacting them before you leave for your internship so at least you have a point of contact. Maybe even get your Malaysian doctor to get in touch too so there is some degree of passover and the new doc knows your insulin requirements.

jazzy1211

I have a little experience of the French healthcare system as I lived there for 3 years. If you are in a major city then I imagine that most doctors will speak some english but detailed medical discussions may be difficult. Where will you be based? It might be worth trying to find a doctor who speaks english and contacting them before you leave for your internship so at least you have a point of contact. Maybe even get your Malaysian doctor to get in touch too so there is some degree of passover and the new doc knows your insulin requirements.

I will stay at Orléans, hope I can find a doctor who can speak English

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, @jazzy1211 , I agree that keeping your diabetes a secret from your intern employer is not a good idea, though I understand that telling them may be a question of timing!
By the way, are you a Type 2 or a Type 1 on NovoRapid? Let us know how you get on with finding health insurance.
It will be fun to live in Orléans!

jazzy1211

Hi, @jazzy1211 , I agree that keeping your diabetes a secret from your intern employer is not a good idea, though I understand that telling them may be a question of timing!
By the way, are you a Type 2 or a Type 1 on NovoRapid? Let us know how you get on with finding health insurance.
It will be fun to live in Orléans!

hi Lizdeluz,I am type 2 and I am 23years old now,found it 2 years ago.