appleUK

Anxiety can cause frequent urination too, as well as other things like urinary infections, obviously.

You've seen doctors and had a number of conditions ruled out, including diabetes and thyroid problems. It sounds like you're in good health, and just overly focussing on normal events/symptoms.

Real doctors are a hundred times better than Dr Google. Trust your doctors and get on with enjoying life :)

Thanks, while I do appreciate what your saying about anxiety I'm not willing to accept that.

The only anxiety I suffer is due to horrible heart palpatations after meals. I'm a confidant person in my social and work life . It isn't normal to be in great health and slowly fall about in the space of 3 years all due to the food I'm eating.

How can I just accept nothing is wrong with me when I react that way to sugar, with horrible headaches, constant sore throats and foggy brain and barely able to get it up, (sorry for the crudeness).

Sorry if this came across in the wrong way, it's just I've spent years trying to help with drs, the worst part is your family and friends think your imagining it.

Sucks I guess

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@appleUK I don't think you're imagining your symptoms :)

But I do think your blood sugar results are normal, so that's not the issue.

The reason I mentioned anxiety is that anyone can have that, and it can lead to a vicious circle of thinking about health issues and imagining the worst. That's normal human thinking.

You've said you've had diabetes, thyroid, etc problems ruled out, so if the symptoms are still troubling you despite your diet modifications, you could see your doctor again and request further tests for other medical conditions eg post-prandial hypotension, ear/nose/throat problems, etc etc (I just named those as examples).

appleUK

@appleUK I don't think you're imagining your symptoms :)

But I do think your blood sugar results are normal, so that's not the issue.

The reason I mentioned anxiety is that anyone can have that, and it can lead to a vicious circle of thinking about health issues and imagining the worst. That's normal human thinking.

You've said you've had diabetes, thyroid, etc problems ruled out, so if the symptoms are still troubling you despite your diet modifications, you could see your doctor again and request further tests for other medical conditions eg post-prandial hypotension, ear/nose/throat problems, etc etc (I just named those as examples).

Thank you ill go back and have a word with dr

Reactions: azure and Prem51

appleUK

While waiting for another appointment I am still checking my blood sugars even though I shouldn't ,but my fasting is always around 6.2. It's been that first thing when waking and sometimes higher 2-3 hours after every meal surely that's worrying?

Edit: woke up this morning with 8.0! 15 minutes later went to 6.4 and 30 minutes later to 6.0 and I feel horrendous.

Last edited:

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
While waiting for another appointment I am still checking my blood sugars even though I shouldn't ,but my fasting is always around 6.2. It's been that first thing when waking and sometimes higher 2-3 hours after every meal surely that's worrying?

Edit: woke up this morning with 8.0! 15 minutes later went to 6.4 and 30 minutes later to 6.0 and I feel horrendous.

Stress and illness can raise blood sugar a little. Blood sugar naturally goes up and down in people without diabetes.

Diabetes is diagnosed with a blood sugar over 11.1. As an example, my blood sugar was 25 at diagnosis.

Your levels are fine. You've also been sensible and seen a doctor who has confirmed you don't have diabetes.

If you're still feeling ill, then it would be far more sensible to see a doctor to seek further tests for other conditions rather than fixating on a problem with your blood sugar.

Throw your meter away or give it to someone to look after, if you can't resist testing.

You're obviously worried about having a problem with your blood sugar even though you've been told by a number of people that you don't, including by a doctor. If you can't shake this concern, you might want to see if anything in this leaflet might apply to you:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hypochondria/Documents/Health Anxiety A4 2010.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

layladream

Type of diabetes
Type 2
there are other conditions that could be causing you fatigue. I have fibromyalgia and I know the heavy tired feeling all too well. fibromyalgia also causes brain fog. since I was diagnosed with fibro, I've come to know and loathe it! It is managable, you just have to work out what's right for you. unfortuantely, getting a diagnosis of fibro is very difficult as there's not a blood test that can say yep it's fibro or no it's not, are you having pain, not necessarily in your joints but in your muscles?

Have you had your thyroid checked? that can cause the fatigue too.

best thing I can say for you right now is, go back to your doctor and explain you're still worried and why. secondly, try not to worry too much as worrying won't help.

Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: Prem51