Please help

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will need to think what he can eat,we swap for brown wholegrain bread,butter instead of spread,xylitol instead of sugar,i will try coffee for pepsi.If I will buy milk without lactose will it help?lactose is a sugar is in it?maybe that will help.we will try to cut on potatoes,and cook more on steam.he swap jogurts for 0% sugars,and eat stuff with sweetener. It is so hard...
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ might help a little. And don't steam food, use fats to fry it in; fats are good for a T2! No bread, pepsi, rice, potatoes, cereal (like Kelloggs) and corn. And yes, yeast infections... Yeast feeds on sugar. High bloodsugars; hello, yeast infection. (Also, you both need to be treated for that or he'll just get it right back. You can be a-symptomatic, but he's very sensitive/susseptable.) There's a whole lot wrong with his current diet, but the linked quick-start-guide, diabetes.co.uk and dietdoctor.com will help.

You've come to the right place.
Jo

Reactions: Wojo38 and Prem51

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oww how nice I get respons:)thank you so much.
We didnt have that hba1 test,i dont even know what that is sorry:(
Doctor just say ,yep you are diabetic have pills back in 3 mths.
Do anyone think is diabetes can couse we struggle to get pregnant?years now we try.We have son 8 years old and 3 years now try to have baby,and I got pregnant 6 months ago and have miscarriage,then we been diagose with this:(rubish year.
Do you take pills before or after food?
He eat kellogs with milk in the mornig,then a sandwich,he cook dinner like chicken potatoes and veg,have some herbal tea.he sleeps in between.he works very hard at nigh,moving all the time.he drink water but before work he has a glas of !!!pepsi!!-I know,he promes to swap for coffee wich je hate.now when I read what he eat maybe it is not healthy,home cooked but he is big men he likes eat and that is sad that he can even eat what he likes working that hard:(he swaps ciders for normal beers on weekend

Hi and welcome to the site.

Is he drinking full sugar pepsi? I was and it really pushed up my sugar levels. Try getting him to drink a cola with no sugar in it as it made a big difference to me. Also cornflakes are not good for my sugar levels.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Try to get him to use his Glucometer before eating something and again two hours after eating it. That way you will start to see what is good and what is bad for him.

Good Luck

Reactions: Prem51

Wojo38

Thank you all:)
What is that cream?is it not make on milk?
I can see that fat are good like bacon,but is it not put cholesterol at risk?he did loose some weight allready by cuting on sweets.he is not fat.
Is slowcooker food good?
Today after 8h of work at night,no eating,his sugar levels where 137!that was the lowest so far:)I think working nights is not good for his boody

Reactions: Prem51 and 1spuds

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are already learning fast.If indeed type 2 the low carb/high fat really works wonders for very many people.Its not so much high fat... as you are no longer eating high carb,so you need to increase fat to replace it with.

Are you aware that we now know eating dietary fat has very little relation to blood fat levels?Its called the lipid theory and its wrong.We were taught wrongly that eating fat raises cholesterol and cholesterol is a heart attack.Unless you have a serious medical issue with grossly abnormally high cholesterol,which is pretty rare to have that,or some other issue where cholesterol is bad for you.When you get some cholesterol numbers there are very knowledgeable folks who will tell you what they mean and where you are at on that.

I'll let others explain why the fat in dairy is a good thing.Im not good at explaining that,but Im good at doing it! :)

So for most people eating fat wont be an issue unless you have other cardiovascular issues,and fats wont raise your glucose by eating them,unlike what the carbs do by turning to sugar as you eat it.

Another goofy thing for him now is he can lose weight while eating fat,should he want to.Seems wrong but its true.

Thats enough for now.Hope I didnt confuse you.And slow cooker is fine,fats are your friends now.

Give it a few weeks on the LCHF diet.If you see results,then you just make it a lifestyle.Its pretty easy actually.Have to learn new menu's for eating,but there is so much to eat after the bad carbs are gone in his life.

And welcome to the forum.The people here really know the subject,best advice Ive ever seen anywhere (thats a FACT IMO) and they will guide you all the way,ask all the questions you can think of.Weve all been helped and are more than happy to help you and your Hubby.

This is controllable,and diet and testing is the first step,and has a great success record for many just with that.

Reactions: Prem51