1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Poll: Has LCHF Cured Your Hay Fever?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by KevinPotts, Jun 9, 2016.

1. KevinPotts

KevinPotts Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I know this is not remotely scientific:) but.... just thought a straw poll would be interesting.

Mine has definitely gone?

Anybody else?

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

2. Jasperville

Jasperville Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes, LCHF since February, no symptoms at all so far (usually hay fever starts for me end of April).

May also be the various supplements I am taking and megadoses of probiotics..........who knows?

• Like Like x 2
  3. KevinPotts

I'm also taking probiotics and NuZest Good Green Stuff daily.... hadn't thought of that:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

4. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Not gone away but started end of May instead of when the tree pollen is out.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ChrisSamsDad

ChrisSamsDad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

No, but then I never had it. I did have Chronic Allergic Rhinitis, but that was sorted out with a short course of nasal steroids and not comeback since. Wife does have HF, and she's low carbing with me and hers is worse.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jasperville

Jasperville Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Forget my earlier post..................seems to be starting today! - good while it lasted

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

YES it appears do.

Robbity

• Like Like x 2
  8. lbd

lbd Family member · Member

My Wife, a long sufferer of hay fever , has literally no symptoms these days after LCHF... Much relieved, and off the continual Medication merry go round :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

Errr @KevinPotts I think you forgot to add the actual poll with your first post.:) But LCHF has not cured my hayfever, it's the same as ever unfortunately.

10. KevinPotts

That would be typical of me...haha:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook