Post your annoyances to vent!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just sharing an email from child's school, I know they are trying to help, but it did make me giggle in a slightly annoyed way:

Left over cake - World Diabetes Day
Dear Parents,

Year 5 had a "mini" cake sale today for year 5 and 6 for World Diabetes Day. They have a lot left over so we are going to open it up to the whole school tomorrow at break time. If your child would like a cake and to donate to World Diabetes day, then please send your child in with a donation.

Kind regards

School Office
Unbelievable ...but did make me laugh out loud

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1540223404599.jpg

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He probably can't win. The other argument would be for him to assume "you can't eat anything from Greggs, so I won't ask you - ever". He's at least offering you the option, should you want it.
Very true - husbands have that hard job over never being allowed to be right :joyful:

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was told today by our practice health carer that I must want bariatric op because my weight has caused type2. Er.... Nope.
I want better diabetes control and weight off my inflicted back/pelvis, so I can walk normally again.
Ive had diabetes on far far less weight than I'm now so I won't LOSE my diabetes by having bariatric surgery. My diabetes is only more fragile with excess weight on. More meds or insulin units needed.

I wish people wouldn't assume they know why I'm putting myself through 'all of this'.
Soooo irritating.
My mum and sisters probably think all kinds but those who listen and matter know exactly why I'm going ahead with a major operation. My GP definitely does.
I want to be lighter so I can walk and jog again to keep on top of my diabetes. I want to teach my second child how to swim without total back/pelvic agony and I want to sit teaching my autistic son how to read (like I did his older brother).
My kids need me lighter and in less pain. My health carers are struggling to keep me healthy at this weight. My weight is getting in the way of enjoying my life. This includes diabetes interfering with my enjoyment too.
I will have less injections and less other health problem meds with interfering side affects.

I was taken aback today as she knows my repeat prescription 2 pages on her pc as she re-orders some on a regular basis for me. Maybe it has slipped her mind?
I wish all the meds slipped mine! (well not literally! )

D

Deleted member 308541

All upper case text in thread titles and posts, it has been considered shouting before the internet as we know it was invented. The early forerunners such as BBS and Usenet were strict on this.

On all of my computers I have a program called Map Keyboard that disables what ever key you want disabled, I have Caps Lock disabled so that this does not happen unintentionally.

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I’m fretting about high reading despite being ultra low carb and my partner says “maybe you should try eating high carb”!!!! ***. I wish he’d read a book but has absolutely no interest (or head in the sand) about my condition

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not being able to eat toast and marmalade, my ultimate comfort food. Nothing else I have stopped eating comes that close.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not being able to eat toast and marmalade, my ultimate comfort food. Nothing else I have stopped eating comes that close.

And just the other day, the Crosse & Blackwell orange marmalade, which had been "hidden" with the Asian foods in another aisle, was back with other jams and jellies and marmalades and peanut butter right where I could see it and be tempted. Oh, well, at least the store doesn't carry damson plum preserves, which I don't think I could resist.

Another annoyance: today was the second day I had to struggle and fight to get all the "safety" seals off a simple jar in order to get at what was inside. The other day it was peanut butter. Today it was Vitamin D3. They are so worried about our safety that they add seal after seal after seal, which not only damage fingernails but cut into fingertips and scrape skin raw. It's almost as difficult as trying to crack a coconut!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was going to post another annoyance but it included a photograph. So it's now annoyance about not being able to shrink photographs on my phone so this website will accept it.

I'll post the photograph on Facebook tomorrow for about 2 minutes. Facebook will shrink it and I will be able to find it on my computer so I can copy and post it here and let you know my latest annoyance.
Then I'll remove it from Facebook because it isn't very interesting anyway. Or I'll think up a catchy text to go with the picture I only posted to get it shrunk.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So it's now annoyance about not being able to shrink photographs on my phone so this website will accept it.

Try texting the photo to yourself - that normally compresses it right down - and you can then upload the texted version.

There: that's my good deed done for the day, so I can spend the next 23 and a half hours being a git to people, lol!

Reactions: Diakat

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was going to post another annoyance but it included a photograph. So it's now annoyance about not being able to shrink photographs on my phone so this website will accept it.
Here it is, with the facebook trick :p
The annoyance is my empty Tresiba pens telling me how long it's been since I last cleaned out the stuff-accumulating shelf by my bed. I do like the happy bag of hypo treatment though :)
46293707_10216259420992530_910014303422119936_n.jpg

Reactions: porl69 and SaskiaKC

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1) Not being able to remember if you just took your insulin or if you imagined it

2) Trying to pretend I have self control when the post-hypo munchies hit

3) My blood sugar doing what it wants to do ignoring all rules. Been doing excerise? How about spiking. Just taken insulin? How about no

No1 can be solved with a novopen echo if you are using novorapid or fiasp. It tells you how many units and when you last injected.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
And just the other day, the Crosse & Blackwell orange marmalade, which had been "hidden" with the Asian foods in another aisle, was back with other jams and jellies and marmalades and peanut butter right where I could see it and be tempted. Oh, well, at least the store doesn't carry damson plum preserves, which I don't think I could resist.

Another annoyance: today was the second day I had to struggle and fight to get all the "safety" seals off a simple jar in order to get at what was inside. The other day it was peanut butter. Today it was Vitamin D3. They are so worried about our safety that they add seal after seal after seal, which not only damage fingernails but cut into fingertips and scrape skin raw. It's almost as difficult as trying to crack a coconut!
I think plumbers have found a new line of work - opening lids!!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Antje77 as I was scrolling down this thread I came to the pic you posted and got a window saying Click the image to show the full-size version. :D

One of my very minor annoyances is that I keep getting pop-ups on this site saying I have a new alert but when I click on the pop-up it doesn't take me anywhere to see whatever new alert I have. What are these alerts anyway? They're not messages in my inbox so I'm confused. The word "alert" is sort of alarming because I don't know what I'm being alerted to.
Can someone please tell me?

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 as I was scrolling down this thread I came to the pic you posted and got a window saying Click the image to show the full-size version. :D

One of my very minor annoyances is that I keep getting pop-ups on this site saying I have a new alert but when I click on the pop-up it doesn't take me anywhere to see whatever new alert I have. What are these alerts anyway? They're not messages in my inbox so I'm confused. The word "alert" is sort of alarming because I don't know what I'm being alerted to.
That's strange it works fine for me. When a new alert is received I hover over the alert tab click the alert and it takes me to it. It's generally somebody has responded to a comment you made or in a thread you participated in, or somebody liked your comment etc.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Never mind. Tried to write wittily about an annoyance involving a hypo, 5 obnoxious dogs trying to steal my (very unsuitable, both for dogs and hypo) hypo-treatment and a cat walking over my keyboard after thinking I could do some things in the kitchen before treating the hypo. While still hypo.
Now waiting for the spike from overcorrecting, feeling like s**t and an idiot.

Give me 3 hours to get everything right again and by that time I'll probably be happy that I usually treat my hypo's better than I did this time. .

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars

The alerts are responses to threads you have contributed to. You should see them by clicking that pop up oo the little flag at the top of the page by your avatar