Post your blood glucose readings

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
Hale710 ~ you managed to make a weary sick me crack a smile today!! I salute you!!!! :p

choudhry

Before dinner 7.2
After dinner 5.2

Dinner= 2 slice hovis seeded bread
+ large bowl of stir fry with
chicken.

Medication= forgot to take eucreas
and gluclazide.
only 8units of insulin.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its took me four hours to shift the effects of pineapple fritters and the "testing" of the missus ginger cake .
I'm blaming the dark muscavado but I was 9.7 .
Hit the green tea for the next three hours and I'm down to 7.

@myroomsadisco

choudhry

@"MCMLXXIII"

Does green tea helps to get sugar level down? If yes the which brand and how often do you take plus is it with or without milk.

choudhry

***sweetners***
i was told by one of me friend to stop taking sweetners ..
Reason given is :
Sweetners are synthetic and aint good for health, effect on heart muscle if used long term.

I as diabetic use sweetner all the time in tea or coffee.. Usually 6 to 8 cups a day and 2 sweetners in each mug..

Please share your knowledge.
Thanks

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
choudhry said:
@"MCMLXXIII"

Does green tea helps to get sugar level down? If yes the which brand and how often do you take plus is it with or without milk.

Yes it does. Some people take it in tablet form. Personally I've 3 varieties. Theres tescos own cheap and cheerful onder a pound a box. ( Asdas own is naff). Clipper do one i have which doesn't use bleached tea bags. Then my super stuff is matcha green tea, this is ground into a powder, a quarter teaspoon in hot (not boiling) water, froth is normal if done right. Strong and dark and japanese. Ive had significant benefit with this myself.
Always use filtered water too.
3 to 5 cups a day, no milk.:smile:

@myroomsadisco

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also cutting out sugar, beating its addiction I don't really miss it anymore. The only natural sweetner i ever use (in baking) is stevia, its a leaf that's steeped in water to extract its potent sweetness but its very very strong.

@myroomsadisco

choudhry

@ blackcat79
Your sugar levels looks similar to mine when i was only taking oral medication ( gliclazide and eucreas)
Now with insulin its down quite alot with only 8 units twice daily.
By the what medication you are on.

blackcat79

Im on metformin 1000mg a day cant stomach more even on slow release sitagliptin 100mg a day n glimepiride 2mg was going to 4mg but vant stomach it :-(. They wont give me insulin yet as im overweight so they say n it puts weight on.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

GlazedDoughnuts

Morning, upon waking: 6.5mmol
Bedtime: 5-6mmol
After meals: 5-7mmol

My meals are not set, tend to vary, I eat carbs, almost any form of them too! I calorie count and do a fair bit of exercise.

I'm on Insulin, Levemir split dose 28 units a day.
Novorapid, approx 24 units a day.

I consume on average 1500-1700 kcal a day. I'm eating at a calorie deficit and losing fat too :)

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm hating diabetes even more than usual at the mo. hate testing, hate injecting, hate having to plan meal times accordingly. Hate hate hate :( sorry guys just having a rant!!

Tested this morning around 9.15am and they were 17.7, been adjusting insulin and so for now it's trial and error until I get the right doseage!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
4.0 on waking this morning, which is a little low and before lunch, 10.2 :x not happy with that, but I wasn't that surprised because of the previous low 4.0. But, always onwards and upwards, striving to do better all the time :D

RRB

GlazedDoughnuts

Seriously_Sax1989 said:
I'm hating diabetes even more than usual at the mo. hate testing, hate injecting, hate having to plan meal times accordingly. Hate hate hate :( sorry guys just having a rant!!

Tested this morning around 9.15am and they were 17.7, been adjusting insulin and so for now it's trial and error until I get the right doseage!

You'll get there, soon diabetes will be the least of your worries!

It takes time, I rode the roller coaster of hypers/hypos for a fair few months. The truth is nowadays I only test for the sake of testing, my gut feeling is usually right (blood sugars within the 4-7mmol mark) :)

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Usually they're are averaging 5-10 but there's always that occasional high reading and it really knocks me. I've only really just started taking it seriously (been type 1 for 18 years!) and I know it won't be perfect over night but its just so frustrating sometimes!

courty13

my level this morning was 12.6 and before dinner it was 6.6 yesterday my levels were 11.1 before breakfast 5.3 before dinner 10.9 before tea and then 7.3 before bed and that was with having 20 insulin day and night but last week the highest my level was was 13.9 before tea one night i know i need to get my hb level down a bit more

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Today, so far:-
Breakfast 5.9

Lunch 4.6

I'm well pleased with both :thumbup:

RRB :)