Post Your Recipes Here!

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also keep meaning to make these cheesy spinach puffs which look good for snacks!

16 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup almond flour
4 Tbsp salted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream

Preparation:
Squeeze the spinach in a paper towel to remove as much of the moisture as possible. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Chill for 15 minutes (or longer). Form into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 12 minutes. Don’t bake too long or they’ll dry out!

Serves: makes about 30 puffs

Sorry the measurements are all American units. Has come from website www.asweetlife.org which has quite a few interesting looking recipes if you are looking for inspiration!

Made these this week @Mongolia - thanks for sharing.

They're very nice & a very filling snack - I 'taste tested' (cooks prerogative!) 3 of them & that pretty much ended up being lunch apart from a few olives.

Next time I may leave out the parmesan, up the feta & add some chopped spring onion - see if I can get a spanakopita vibe happening :)

Thanks again

safi

Reactions: 2 people

Scottish Mum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
CREAM CHEESE PANCAKES – LOW CARB & GLUTEN FREE

Cream-Cheese-Pancakes-3.jpg

• 110g Cream Cheese or Quark (Tesco Quark: 75 Calories, 4g Carb)
  • 3 Medium Eggs (180 Cals, 0g Carb)
  • 2 Level Teaspoons Stevia (4 Calories, 2g Carb)
  • Butter or Oil to Grease Pan - I used One Cal Spray. (20 Sprays: 20 Cals, 0g Carb)
  • Optional, Teaspoon of Cinnamon or Nutmeg - (If you use this, count the carbs if you are keeping track)

Instructions
  1. Put all the ingredients into a bowl or jug.
    Blank-Line-Teeny-6px.jpg
  2. Mix or whisk until well combined into a good batter.
    Blank-Line-Teeny-6px.jpg
  3. Heat frying pan on medium heat, then turn the heat down.
    Blank-Line-Teeny-6px.jpg
  4. Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, or until they resemble a pancake.
    Blank-Line-Teeny-6px.jpg
  5. Serve with fresh berries.

Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 Calories: 35 Carbohydrates: 0.75

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's my celeriac rosti recipe called ::: HankJam's Rosti !!!!
It can be anything you want it to be.

I didn't weight anything sorry.

Half a Celeriac grated
1 egg & Glug of cream beaten
Chopped handful o fresh corriander
2 tsp ground pepper
2tsp ground coriander
2tsp gyros seasoning
Chilli flakes
Pinch of salt
Goodly slice of butter
A good glug of olive oil

Add the corriander, dry spices and salt in with the celeriac. Mix.
Then add half the beaten egg and mix it up. Depending on how much celeriac you used add more egg.
Mix with your hand.

Heat the butter and oil in a gridle pan or a fry pan, so its bubbling.

Scoop up a small scotch egg size ball of the celeriac mix, pat it flat and add it to the griddle pan. I got 5 but my balls were slightly too big, so 6 would have been good.

Cover the pan but let some air out, On a mid - low heat leave the rosti alone until it starts to brown. Don't play with it as it will break up. Then flip over and cook till brown again. Maybe 4-6 mins each side but when you know its cooked.

Then serve!!

Obviously choose your own spice and fresh herb mix. I think fresh basil would be lovely and oregano for flavours of the med.... up to you.
It's HankJam's rosti !

Edited to try and add a photo, but it's too large. Sorry they tasted goood.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just made these cheese and chive biscuits / scones. Very tasty slathered with butter! I used hard grated goats cheese instead of feta and left out the gum stuff. Also halved the recipe which still made 6 very large scones - they do expand so half the recipe would make 12 small but still fair sized biscuits. Didn't bother rolling it out as it was a bit sticky, simply pressed it into rounds quite thick.
http://marmaladeandmileposts.com/archives/22650

Evelynross

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cauliflower fritters, cut up a head of cauliflower , cook in micro for 6 mins or until soft,mash with 2 tblspns almond flour and one egg yolk and season well.Chill for one hour then make 10 round flat cakes and bake for 15-20 mins.cool, then fry til golden!

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Found this for fake croutons for soup and salad.

Preheat oven to Gas 7/220C. Break/cube 100g Feta into pieces, mix with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp sumac, 50g pumpkin seeds, 1/4tsp dried chilli. Place in single layer on nonstick baking sheet,tray. Pop in oven for 10-12 mins until Feta is golden and seeds crunchy. Leave to cool slightly before adding to soup or Salas.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you can eat them, celeriac, swede, turnip, fennel bulb and kohl rabi can all be used as a substitute for potatoes in Pommes Dauphinoise.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Proud today...(hubby always makes the dinner) and always used 3/4 size plates.
Today I've made our dinner for tonight!!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1442834939.915706.jpg

Full size plate, just waiting to slosh on the oil dressing tonight.
Yep, only a salad but I've remembered everything!! Last weeks attemp I failed to remember the onion and avocado!! On a full size plate AND I took the skin off the salmon too. (Can't stand doing things which still remind me they were animals and kiving!)

Dead chuffed. I can make any ouddings with no qualms at all but dinner on a full size plate has always been a hard thing to do.

Got to go in for day surgery in next few weeks so I am practicing my food to take in. Hubbys goes in a sandwich box so done this today as well so I know I can have my own food to take in. Yaay!! Feeling proud of myself for a change.

Reactions: 4 people

Malsange

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re: Recipes.

Does anyone have any chocolate [or something like that] recipes ??
as i am 14 and love chocolate but i cant eat that much. and ideas would be helpful :)

Hi, I found a chocolate cake in a mug recipe, I hope you like it, I do :)
Best Coconut Flour Chocolate Mug Cake Ever! Gluten Free!
Prep time: 1 min
Cook time: 3 mins
Total time: 4 mins
Serves: 1

Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl
  2. Spray a 3 inch round container with non stick spray. (I used a small pyrex)
  3. pour in batter and microwave 2 to 2½ minutes.
  4. Cool on a plate or blow on it a few times and eat immediately.
  5. you can mix some cream cheese with p. butter for icing :)

Malsange

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
cleardot.gif

Slow Cooker Gingerbread

Cooking a cake in your slow cooker is not only easy but results in an amazingly moist, dense consistency. It’s more like an old-fashioned steamed pudding and it doesn’t need much more than a bit of whipped cream on top for garnish. As since we are entering holiday season, I thought a slow cooker gingerbread was in order.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups almond flour or sunflower seed flour

3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener or usual sweetener

2 tbsp coconut flour

1 tbsp dark cocoa powder

1 1/2 tbsp ground ginger (or more, if you like it really gingery)

1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp ground cloves

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 cup butter, melted

4 large eggs

2/3 cup almond milk or water

1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (if using sunflower seed flour – helps keep it from turning green)

1 tsp vanilla extract

Preparation:
Grease the ceramic interior of a 6 quart slow cooker well.

In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour or sunflower seed flour, sweetener, coconut flour, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, cloves and salt.

Stir in melted butter, eggs, almond milk or water, lemon juice if using, and vanilla extract until well incorporated.

Pour into prepared slow cooker and cook on low for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until set.

Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream. It also makes a great breakfast treat with a little smear of butter!

Serves: 10
Nutrition Info:
Per serving:
Food energy: 284kcal
Saturated fatty acids: 7.73g
Total fat: 24.79g
Calories from fat: 223
Cholesterol: 98mg
Carbohydrate: 8.58g
Total dietary fiber: 4.10g
Protein: 9.07g
Sodium: 290mg

Hope you all enjoy this :)

Malsange

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not sure if you can use links here, but I found a wonderful tasty recipe at Food.com; it is called Crack Slaw, I am going to be making this in a few days, I love cabbage, but don't have a lot of recipes for it, this looks like a keeper :)

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Frittata pizza

Instead of messing around with cauliflower to make a pizza base, make a frittata using plenty of cheese. It's important not to thin down the egg mixture with any liquid, it's not an omelette in usual sense.

You can add some things into the frittata, for example prosciutto, sliced peperami, crispy fried bacon.

When the bottom is set, before you stick it under the grill to do the top, you could smear on some tomato paste thinly and add some toppings.

Providing that you've got enough protein structure in the base e.g. the eggs and cheese and no liquid and it has cooked long enough to set properly, you should be able to eat it in slices like pizza.

It's not exactly the same but frittata is yummy anyway and definitely better than cauliflower IMO

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
My GF makes this. Its amazing. it also makes about 20 servings so it can be frozen as well.

To reheat from frozen, each portion needs 5-7 minutes in a 800w microwave. From chilled about a minute will do.

Breakfast Bake

Ingredients:

14 eggs
3 red peppers
6 sausages
6 slices of bacon
1 chicken breast
300g of mushrooms
200g edam cheese
240g mild cheddar
240g red leicester
10 spring onions (I only used the green parts. The white ends I used for a different meal.)
200g freshly cured ham (not formed with water)
300ml single cream

Method:

1 - Dice the peppers, spring onions, bacon, sausages, ham, and mushrooms. Place each in a separate container.

2 - Grate all the cheese into one container.

3 - Cook the chicken however you like. Dice and place in another container.

4 - Crack all the eggs into a large container. Add in the cream. Season to preferences. Stir well with a fork or whisk.

5 - Cook the sausages, bacon, and mushrooms. Place in a container until cool.

6 - Once all the ingredients are cool, mix up everything except the eggs in one large container, and then place the dry mixture into a large baking tray. Spread evenly.

7 - Pour the eggs over the dry ingredients. Stir gently to make sure the eggs reach the bottom of the pan. Leave to sit for a few minutes.

8 - Place the baking tray in a pre-heated oven at approx 175-180F (78-82C) for 35-40 minutes.

9 - Poke with fork to test if the centre is cooked. If cooked, allow to cool before slicing and removing portions if you are planning to freeze them, otherwise eat, refrigerate, or have fun.

Notes -

A - I cooked everything in a non-stick pan without any kind of oil. For seasoning I added salt, white and black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.

B - I don't know how long these will keep in the freezer, as the other half eats them too fast for them to spoil. From researching online, most agree that eggs cooked in this manner (or similar) will have a freezer life of between 3-6 months. I would go with the 3 month mark just to be safe, but honestly, having a single batch last a month in this house would be a miracle.

C - The chicken I used here was leftover from a previous meal, which was baked in the oven. In the future I'm going to try grilling, frying, and baking the chicken in other ways, to see if it tastes any better.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Grilled Halloumi with cherry tomatoes on the vine. Serves 2

Originally, it was a Weight Watchers lower carb recipe in the Daily Express but needed tweaking.

1 Halloumi
1 pack cherry tomatoes on the vine
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 or 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly or minced.
(Or you could use smaller quantity fresh thyme leaves and fresh oregano leaves if you have them)
Slug of olive oil, about 2 tsp plus more for salad leaves.
Babyleaf salad leaves, lollo rosso, lollo bianco, radicchio - any soft lettuce leaves.

Chop herbs, mix in bowl with garlic and olive oil. Slice Halloumi about 1/4 cm thick slices. Mix in the herb mixture. Place on foil on baking sheet or grill pan under hot grill. Add any herb mixture on top of Halloumi. Put cherry tomatoes on vine in amongst slices.

Will take around 5 - 8 mins. Turn once, slice might be easier than tongs. You want to aim for slightly brown on the edges Halloumi, (without it being melted goo with lots of liquid coming out)and slightly wrinkled tomatoes (these need to be turned once too).

Serve on top of however many lettuce leaves you want, drizzled with olive oil. You may want black pepper but as it's a salty cheese you probably won't need salt. Glass of red wine and sunny garden optional.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I love halloumi with salad and great slugs of olive oil dressing.. Absolutely delicious.

john_11108

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Stuffed Milagai Bajji
Its a tasty snack that can be consumed with tea or coffee. I think its a tasty for Diabetic preson. Its very easy to made. Its need to prepared for just anly 10 minutes and Cooking Time 10 minutes also. This recipe is most favorite south indian recipes.

Here's a diabetic friendly recipe. Just want to share this with you.

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons snipped fresh mint
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 4 cups packaged fresh baby spinach leaves
  • 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
  • 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
  • 1 ounce semisoft goat cheese, crumbled
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions
  1. For vinaigrette: In a screw-top jar, combine vinegar, mint, honey, oil, and salt. Cover and shake well.
  2. In a large bowl, toss together spinach, chicken, strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, and goat cheese. Transfer to salad plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with pepper.