Post Your Recipes Here!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take no responsibility for anyone trying this and becoming addicted. I haven't tried it, but it does look very "real".

choco-cheesecake6-mpk-683x1024.jpg

https://www.mypcoskitchen.com/keto-triple-chocolate-cheesecake/

BB8.HG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is very basic, but great for those doing LCHF. I was struggling with breakfast as I have pretty bad morning peaks and discovered that my body really can’t stand morning carbs. I also have a long commute and not much time to get ready in the morning (unless I get up at 4.30am…)

I make this breakfast smoothie the night before, put it in the fridge, take it with me to work, and then warm it up in the microwave. It fills a normal mug nicely. It’s so creamy and filling and tastes like Horlicks (so…stay away if you can’t stand Horlicks, I guess…)

1 tbsp almond butter

1 tbsp thick double cream

200mls unsweetened almond milk

1 tsps erythritol

Whiz it all in the blender as much as you like (I like it to feel like a hot drink so I blitz loads to grind the almonds down, but if you like the crunch, go easy on the blitz)

5g carbs, 19g fat, 5g protein

MuntiJay

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Chicken with Peppers and Tomatoes

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
1 small onion, peeled and sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1/2 cup white wine
2 cups whole tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons fresh basil

Heat oil in large skillet and cook chicken until it begins to brown. Stir in onions and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in peppers and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in wine, tomatoes and oregano and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste and garnish with fresh basil.

BB8.HG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quick and easy veggie stir fry - single serving in 10 mins.

Super lazy, but full of flavour and a spicy, sweet dish that hits the spot on a cold winter night. I'm going to add some crispy bacon next time. It's light on protein so could certainly tolerate the addition of whatever meat you fancy.

This one might be high on the carbs for keto/very low-carb people. I keep under 35g per day and find I can tolerate this amount in one sitting for my evening meal without spiking (if I tried 18g of carbs before midday though, God help me...). Others may be different. You can leave out the onion and cut it to 12g carbs if you need to, but I find the onion gives it a lovely sweetness, so if onion doesn't spike you, definitely leave it in.

500 Calories
18g Carbs
26g Fat
6g Protein

Ingredients

Broccoli 120g
Savoy cabbage 100g
Onion - 1 small (65g in this case)
Butter - 1.5 tbsp
Olive oil - 1 tbsp

Below seasoning to your tastes
Garlic power
Chilli flakes
Soy sauce
Ginger (I used the stuff from a tube, it's in oil so make sure you factor in the calories if using this)

Method
  • Steam the broccoli until it's a little less tender than you prefer (or boil it, you do you)
  • Chop onion into half rings
  • Heat butter in a frying pan
  • Add onions
  • Add seasoning
  • After the onions start to soften, add broccoli
  • Add cabbage (when you do this will depend on how crisp you want your cabbage to be)
  • Chuck on a bit more soy
  • Serve and devour.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Easy cheese crackers

Packet sliced cheese (I used Emmental)

Cut slices into strips about 2.5cm wide, just do how many you want not the whole packet!!!!
Lay on parchment paper on a baking sheet
Put in a pre-heated oven 200C for 8-10mins
Take off paper and put on a rack to cool
Eat, dip in guacamole or whatever. Moreish

Might try brushing them with a very little chilli or sprinking them with powder once out

Reactions: Sue192

Blip22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Double speak
Chocolate Chocolate:
1 tin coconut milk (80% pulp)
1 table spoon or more of Pure cocoa powder
Good pinch of salt
Pinch of soft brown sugar
Strain the water from the cocoa nut pulp and empty into a small bowl.
Add cocoa powder, salt, sugar into the bowl of pulp and mix until smooth. Place in the fridge. Serve as a desert in very small bowls or roll teaspoons of the mix in nuts or cocoa powder to make truffles. Can be frozen.

Reactions: Kevyu

MarkR 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Homemade Donner Kebab meat.
Serves 4
Ingredients
500g lean lamb mince
1tsp Cayenne Pepper
1tsp Garlic powder
1tsp black pepper
1tsp salt
2tsp dried mixed herbs

Method
Add spices to mince and mix thoroughly with hand until all spices are blended with the mince well.
Form into a loaf shape (be heavy handed at this point to reduce the risk.of the meat breaking up)
Place loaf into slow cooker on low for minimum 6hrs
Wrap in foil to rest for at least 10 mins before carving.
Calories per portion 300 Carbs per portion 0.3g

We serve ours with mixed salad (and my girls have a wrap)

Reactions: Sploshy and Sue192

mrsspenny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Salmon with pesto and green beans in a parcel
4.8g carbs

Cook a small handful green beans for a few mins, drain and toss in a teaspoon olive oil. Place on a large square of tinfoil, add a couple of halved cherry tomatoes then lay a seasoned salmon fillet on top. Spread the top of the salmon with a couple of teaspoons of pesto sauce then squeeze a wedge of lemon over the top and fold the tinfoil up to male a parcel. Cook in the oven on 200 degrees for about 25 minutes.

Reactions: KC67

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a packet of butternut squash lasagne sheets to use up so came up with this, with what I had in cupboards/fridge:

Chop onions, celery, red pepper, garlic and fry in olive oil Add mixed herbs, chilli flakes, s&p and four cans tuna and mix all together. Put third to half the mixture in oven-proof dish, sprinkle with grated cheese (I had mature Cheddar) and top with squash sheets. Repeat layers and finish with squash sheets and a good sprinkling of cheese. Bake at 180c for 30/40 mins until cheese is nice and brown and the lasagne is bubbling. I used a lot of cheese! Turned out very moreish :)

Reactions: Dandelade

Reginald_2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For those of us who can’t go without a snack try The real pork crackling co golden pork crunch. 35g carbs<0.1 per 100 g

Jeanjenni

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cold long nights, bad weather ,makes me eat more and hanker after stoggey food ,not good for the soul at all, running jogging .
I’m going to try ERSTAZ MOUSSE TONIGHT .ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES .jeanjeannie type 2 so far I’m managing in diet alone .

Kingmidas

I just made my own Lo-dough garlic bread(ish) - mixed lazy garlic with olive oil and brushed both sides before sticking it in the oven at 200° for 10 mins. Needed salt as well really. Daughter had made a lovely dip with Greek yoghurt, cheese, more garlic (stinky!) and chopped chives. A nice tasty snack!

Reactions: Brunneria

mozartbenz

ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RICE
Ingredients:
  • cooking spray
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 2 heads cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line 3 baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
  2. Fill a food processor 1/4 of the way with cauliflower pieces. Pulse 8 to 12 times until cauliflower is the size of rice grains. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining cauliflower pieces.
  3. Drizzle avocado oil over cauliflower "rice"; toss until well-distributed.
  4. Spread 2 1/2 cups of the rice in an even layer on each lined baking sheet.
  5. Roast rice until golden, about 16 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and spread out again. Return to oven and roast for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and spread out again. Continue roasting until browned, about 5 minutes more.
  6. Season each sheet of roasted rice with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and place in a large container. ENJOY!
Hope this would give value to everyone, as my aunt had. More recipes coming soon!

Attachments

• 4457870.jpg
    4457870.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 596

mozartbenz

Just sharing the favorite recipe of my Aunt that we saw online.

SPICY CHICKEN TACOS -
(Per Serving: 272 calories;3.9 g fat;37.2g carbohydrates;29.3 g protein;65 mg cholesterol;294 mg sodium.)

Ingredients:
1 pound sliced chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
2 limes, juiced, divided
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 jalapeno peppers - stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
4 multi-grain tortillas, or more to taste
1 bunch cilantro, chopped

Directions:
  1. Combine chicken, juice of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in a bowl; allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
  2. Saute red bell peppers, onion, jalapeno peppers, juice of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender yet crisp, about 5 minutes.
  3. Transfer chicken mixture to a separate non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; saute until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 5 to 10 minutes.
  4. Layer tortillas between paper towels on a microwave-safe plate; heat in microwave until warmed, 10 to 20 seconds.
  5. Spoon vegetables and chicken onto tortillas; top with cilantro and lime juice.

Attachments

• spicy chicken tacos.jpg
    spicy chicken tacos.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 587

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Butternut Squash chips coated with almond flour and parmesan cheese.
This is an adaption of a courgette fries recipe in the Low Carb program and produces a wonderfully tasty low carb alternative to 'real chips.'
Method:
Slice the squash into chip size slices.
Heat a baking tray with a layer of coconut oil (we used rapeseed as were out of coconut) in oven at about 180C (fan oven)
Mix almond flour and well grated parmesan and place on a dry plate.
Dip slices in beaten up egg and then coat with the parmesan and almond flour.
Place on baking tray and bake until soft to touch - turn to ensure both sides are brown.

Butternut squash has been my staple 'chip' for the past couple of years and although I enjoy it, it can get a bit monotonous. I tried the above variation this evening and it really was a revelatory gastronomic experience!!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This is a thread for recipes that you have tried and tested.Any info on carb. content etc will be good.Try and keep it just for recipes rather than discussion.

Turkey mince stir fry.

350g Turkey mince
150g protein noodles
10 button mushrooms
Half a green pepper.

Cook the mince in wok first. Adding mushrooms, then pepper and finally the noodles.

Had this two nights running to see how it effected BG level: last night before meal was 5.3 and 5.3, 2 hours later.
Tonight 6.2 down to 5.9

All the ingredients came from Morrison’s

Next time I’m going to cut down the mince to 250g this will allow me three meals out of the one packet(750g).
IMG_1167.jpg