1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pre diabetes and dawn phenomenon + ketosis

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by Stevia_queen, Apr 6, 2017.

1. TheBigNewt

TheBigNewt Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The "Dawn Phenomenon" and the "Liver Dump" are as old as cassette tapes (I had a lot of those things). Pretty vague, pretty undefined, lotta ins lotta outs. I'd get off the idea in general.

2. toryroo

toryroo Prediabetes · Member

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself - I'm your twin ;) :happy: I remember seeing your posts last year when I also lost a decent amount of weight low carbing (8 kg). I then headed to Oz for work in October / November and got derailed on the plane (impossible to order a low carb meal) then by all my favorite (carby) foods back in Oz, then got back to MIL visit, Christmas etc etc. So now like you I've put it all back on and then some :arghh::banghead::banghead: So glad the weather has turned so salads become an option again! Just had a lovely omlette with my own eggs :chicken::chicken: and fresh herbs, camembert and mushrooms (not worked out how to grow them yet!).

Anyway just wanted to say you are not alone and good luck getting it back off :happy:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook