Prediabetes?

EmmaWilz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

Not sure if anyone is able to give me some advice or not to see if I am likely to have pre-diabetes?
My family has a history of Type 1, and I recently had a few bloods done at the doctors, including the 3 month glucose, and everything came back normal. I do sometimes feel 'hypo' around lunch after eating a bowl of cereal, so, out of curiosity, I have been checking my bloods in the morning after getting up, and then again if I start to feel shaky (This result is always around 4.8).
However, the morning fasting glucose is always, bar once or twice, at 5.5. Looking online, there seems to be some websites that feel this is prediabetes, and others not.

Does anyone know how likely it is I do have prediabetes? I am slightly overweight, but not massively.

TIA!

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Not sure if anyone is able to give me some advice or not to see if I am likely to have pre-diabetes?
My family has a history of Type 1, and I recently had a few bloods done at the doctors, including the 3 month glucose, and everything came back normal. I do sometimes feel 'hypo' around lunch after eating a bowl of cereal, so, out of curiosity, I have been checking my bloods in the morning after getting up, and then again if I start to feel shaky (This result is always around 4.8).
However, the morning fasting glucose is always, bar once or twice, at 5.5. Looking online, there seems to be some websites that feel this is prediabetes, and others not.

Does anyone know how likely it is I do have prediabetes? I am slightly overweight, but not massively.

TIA!
Numbers look absolutely fine.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Numbers are fine but a lunch of cereal would do no one any good. Try having protein and veg instead.

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Hi,

TIA!

Not with those numbers. Just eat a healthy diet and stay clear of simple carbs (white bread, white rice, high sugar cereals) and exercise as much as you can.