Pregnancy and The Implant

cuxy88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I currently have the implant in my arm to stop me getting pregnant. I was wondering; When removed, how long will it take for me to get pregnant? Also, will it affect my diabetes if I am pregnant?

I am 24 yrs old and I am getting married later on this year. I am thinking about having children a lot lately and I am scared to get pregnant as I have heard I will have a lot of problems. I have tried to talk to my diabetes nurse about it, but she says that she is not sure what will happen.This is because my health is not that good, however there is nothing that I can do about it. It isn't the diabetes that is the problem, it is other ongoing problems that I have.

My future husband has stood by me all the way and will continue to stand by me through this. I am worried there will be problems that will arise though my pregnancy.

Can any one help that has gone through this? or will know what to do? I want to have children while I am strong enough to have them because I was told between 28 and 30+ it will be harder to have a child.

Help me some one! :D

cuxy88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you my sugars are between 8 and 10 at the moment and my hba1c is 8.3 a few months ago it was at 10.5 so I am doing well i think and every one keeps saying we will make good parents Iam really good with children grown up around them all my life.

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hiya, I've no advice regarding the implant but pregnancy will have a big effect on your diabetes. I had to triple my insulin from word go (though lots have to reduce as early pregnancy can cause hypos) blood sugars should be 7.8 ONE hour after meals, as you can imagine this can be very difficult. I'm expecting my 3rd baby and have around 2hypos after each meal, but on the other hand it can be a great motivation to keep sugars well controlled. Good luck, and if you have any questions please feel free to pm me x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

cuxy88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you phoenix that web page was really good only had a quick look but will look at it in detail later in the night

LauraJayType1

Hey cuxy, i got my implant out and within 4 weeks i was pregnant. Me and my boyfriend didn't plan our pregnancy as much as we probs should of because of my type 1 diabetes and it's been difficult to get my head around with my control going up and down constantly but doctors really help pregnant diabetics so you'll be fine. I'm 33 weeks pregnant and expecting a little boy whose due in april. I've had no probs being pregnant and diabetic, although i've had to make alot of changes to my insulin ect. Good luck hun, you'll be fine :) x

Sheppie84

It took us 8 months to get pregnant after having implant removed but I have Endometriosis which no doubt played a part in it taking that long. During preg I went from no insulin (no diabetes) to getting gestational diabetes and being on over 100 units of insulin a day.
I also had polyhydramnios which is excess fluid - makes it really hard to feel baby's movements, so I spent a lot of time in hospital, hooked up to monitors.
As my levels were so high, my daughter was delivered through C section.
It was hard work during the pregnancy but I now have a gorgeous, healthy and happy 8 month old princess.
Good luck with everything.