Progress!

Sam50

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

Not been on the forum for a while because of one thing and another but just wanted to share Hubby's latest progress. He was very controlled over Christmas only allowing himself a few 'illegal treats'. Carried on with the LCHF diet and has lost another half a stone since the new year :) It's been a hectic 6 weeks with the business and various deadlines so he hasn't been near his blood glucose for a while.

I suggested that he did so and he is now getting pre meal readings of 6 and post meal ones of 6.4 on a regular basis. which is a long way from the 22 of last summer !!

I shall be intrigued to see what the next HbA1C comes in at.......

(Re his ongoing 'pain and discomfort' it has now been suggested that it may in fact be Restless Leg Syndrome which apparently can can be triggered by diabetes. That happens to run in his family and apparently it's not just the legs that can be affected)
That aside I am incredibly proud of how he is doing. :) :)

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
@Sam50 Well done to you and hubby. I too am a partner of a diabetic and the early days can be hard for both of you, then it just becomes a way of life and your success and increased health (both of you) makes it all worthwhile.
Sally

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tell him he's a superstar and to keep up the good work!

Reactions: Prem51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Your hubby is doing a grand job, please pass on our congratulations. And you, too, can give yourself a pat on the back for your support in what can prove to be quite a tricky time. Well done to both of you.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done to both of you. Your support must have been invaluable to him.

masonap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celebrity pop stars, football.
Hi Everyone,

Not been on the forum for a while because of one thing and another but just wanted to share Hubby's latest progress. He was very controlled over Christmas only allowing himself a few 'illegal treats'. Carried on with the LCHF diet and has lost another half a stone since the new year :) It's been a hectic 6 weeks with the business and various deadlines so he hasn't been near his blood glucose for a while.

I suggested that he did so and he is now getting pre meal readings of 6 and post meal ones of 6.4 on a regular basis. which is a long way from the 22 of last summer !!

I shall be intrigued to see what the next HbA1C comes in at.......

(Re his ongoing 'pain and discomfort' it has now been suggested that it may in fact be Restless Leg Syndrome which apparently can can be triggered by diabetes. That happens to run in his family and apparently it's not just the legs that can be affected)
That aside I am incredibly proud of how he is doing. :) :)

I found a great little app that you can record your BG readings, and if you do at least 3 readings a day, and record them in the app, keep it up for at least 7 days, then the app will give you an estimated HbA1c reading. I've been testing it since a little before Christmas and I've had 2 blood tests (I'm in Germany and we get frequent tests) and both times the estimated HbA1c reading in the app was actually higher than the real thing. The app says 5.4% which I thought was fantastic but then my real reading came back from the Dr as 5.1% or about 35 on the mmol/mol scale.
The app is called mySugr it is free, you can upgrade to a paid version but I haven't found it necessary. I wish you both good luck.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@masonap I also use Mysugr app and agree with you it’s a really good. I use the free version too.

Its really encouraging to watch the Hb1Ac coming down gradually, even when you might have had a couple of high bg readings along the way.

Great result by you, by the way. Well done!