proliferative retinopathy I'M SO SCARED

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
shop said:
Hi AC,

I also wanted to say I know what you mean about wanting to give your son a playmate I would have loved for my little boy to have a baby brother or sister and he would have made a fantastic older brother. He has been asking recently as lots of kids at school have had babies recently. That is the only time I feel upset now. I feel so guilty. I hope one day I can explain to him and he will understand. I think sometimes things happen for a reason not to make to much light of it a few weeks back he was going on and on about a baby brother of sister the day after one of the cows had a calf. He named her and is keeping an eye on her!! :lol:

I know its not the same but he hasnt mentioned a baby since :wink:

Anyway your situation may turn out totaly different.

Lucy xxx

Thanks for your reply Lucy good to hear from others in similar boat, I keep feeling like I am being greedy cos so many people out there who would love to have the opportunity to have just one child, but once you have one it's not about just your needs anymore, but theirs, I want another for him as much as myself/partner. Hey we are getting a kitten soon and my boy loves animals so maybe that will keep him going until we decide what to do!!

shop

the_anticarb said:
shop said:
Hi AC,

I also wanted to say I know what you mean about wanting to give your son a playmate I would have loved for my little boy to have a baby brother or sister and he would have made a fantastic older brother. He has been asking recently as lots of kids at school have had babies recently. That is the only time I feel upset now. I feel so guilty. I hope one day I can explain to him and he will understand. I think sometimes things happen for a reason not to make to much light of it a few weeks back he was going on and on about a baby brother of sister the day after one of the cows had a calf. He named her and is keeping an eye on her!! :lol:

I know its not the same but he hasnt mentioned a baby since :wink:

Anyway your situation may turn out totaly different.

Lucy xxx

Thanks for your reply Lucy good to hear from others in similar boat, I keep feeling like I am being greedy cos so many people out there who would love to have the opportunity to have just one child, but once you have one it's not about just your needs anymore, but theirs, I want another for him as much as myself/partner. Hey we are getting a kitten soon and my boy loves animals so maybe that will keep him going until we decide what to do!!

I know xxx Enjoy the kitten :)

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi ac
As far as the fuzzy sppearance goes it sounds a little similar to whst i had at first. It was a patch of what i calked blurry area. One doc told me tjis wad blood reabsorbing. Its what my entire vision in my bad eye looks like now so i dont kniw if thats the case or not. Did mr c say there was any blood left in ur eye at all ? Ig it is blood chances are it will grsdually get better but i may ne wrong as i have been told different tjings over the time x

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Could you see things though your fuzzy patch Leb? I don't think I can see things through mine, it's like a blind patch where there is no vision which is what is making me think it is peripheral loss. If I close my good eye I see a sort of dark shadow just to the left of my nose extending upwards in to a point. Then it fades. When I did the field test for that eye I missed a few spots in that area, so I'm pretty sure it's a patch of non-vision, basically. ****! I was really hoping the laser wouldn't affect my periphery. Looks like I didn't escape unscathed. Still it is early days after the op so may not be permanent.

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I cld c colour but no outlines or anything. If there were some points in the field test that were mussin i guess that makes sense. At least it wint affect ur driving tji as they do both eyes at the same time so thats good x

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, well been back to eye unit fir pre-op todsy and more laser in my 'good' eye. Couldnt stand the pain of lader tiday, it seemed sooo much wirse than last time :-( they dud a small amount but have said it msy be better to wsit sbd have more during my op.
Rhe nurse doin the pre op tried to be helpful but she couldnt answer many qyestions as the answer depends on hiw the op goes and what they hzve to use ti replace the vutreous
Si scared abiut it all
Hope ur all good

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
leb said:
Hi all, well been back to eye unit fir pre-op todsy and more laser in my 'good' eye. Couldnt stand the pain of lader tiday, it seemed sooo much wirse than last time :-( they dud a small amount but have said it msy be better to wsit sbd have more during my op.
Rhe nurse doin the pre op tried to be helpful but she couldnt answer many qyestions as the answer depends on hiw the op goes and what they hzve to use ti replace the vutreous
Si scared abiut it all
Hope ur all good

Hi leb X It is a scary thing to go through. I also find laser painful, so I know how you feel :( I just wanted to wish you all the best, it will over soon and I hope its a positive outcome for you. With warmest wishes RRBX

Unbeliever

Hi leb I thought I had answered you but my post diasappeared or more likely overlapped with RRBs. I often miss that that message saying there has been another post etc.
I think your eyes become more sensitive with treatment . Not just laser but anything else. The funny thing ist hat although I can find laser qite painful now i no longer feel eye drops at all. When they warn you they are going to sting I don't feel anything.

Anoher thing you learn is that they can't really answer quesions ,as you found. In a way this is good because they have to treat evryone as an individual and not a number. I really wouldn't bother asking the nurses anything other than than about practical matters. I don't think they are supposed to answer even if they know.

of course you are scared. I know the feeling. I have experienced sleepless nighs and absolute terror in the past.
Now as long as my consultant is wielding he scalpel I am quite calm and unperturbed. I would never have believed it .

It will all be over soon and you will be on your way to feeling better and having your problems solved.
You have been in such a state it must be a relief to know that help is on its way although you are naturally apprehensive/

We will all be rooting for you.

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi ac im goin in on wednesday to have op on thursday (praying they dont cancel last minute) Im so nervous but things are pretty bad so hoping it will work .
How r u doin? Are your eyes doin well still? Hope everythungs started to settle down with ur job and everything
Thanks 4 the message :-( x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
leb said:
Hi ac im goin in on wednesday to have op on thursday (praying they dont cancel last minute) Im so nervous but things are pretty bad so hoping it will work .
How r u doin? Are your eyes doin well still? Hope everythungs started to settle down with ur job and everything
Thanks 4 the message :-( x

Dear leb, good luck for Thursday, I am sending you lots of positive thoughts and lots and lots of good wishes. RRB X

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Good luck Leb hope it all goes well, don't be scared.
My eye is mainly ok but I have a little black floater that comes and goes, Mr C says not to worry about it though.

My new job is going ok but as I am on the road all day I am finding it hard to control my diet and I am scared of going hypo in meetings. I've put on loads of weight through eating rubbish and guessing my insulin, need to try and get sensible again!

I spoke to Mr.C today on the phone as I've been fretting about things again so they got him to call me, and he said to see how my eyes are next year and if they have stabilised I can think about another pregnancy. So even more reasons to get sensible!

Unbeliever Mr. C is off work a few weeks having a baby of his own (well his wife is!) so don't be suprised if you don't see him for a while.

Leb best of luck, soon you will be home and your eye will be clear, do you know if you will need to do posturing? Come back once you are up to it and let us know how you got on!

AC x

Unbeliever

Yes best of luck leb. We will all be thinking of you. These things are almost always easier than you expect hope it is the same in your case.

Anticarb MrC was very insistent that I see him on a particular date and didn't see anyone else in the meanime. Thats why I have been keeping away from the hospital .

Not his first BTW,

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Unbeliever said:
Yes best of luck leb. We will all be thinking of you. These things are almost always easier than you expect hope it is the same in your case.

Anticarb MrC was very insistent that I see him on a particular date and didn't see anyone else in the meanime. Thats why I have been keeping away from the hospital .

Not his first BTW,

No way! I thought he said it was his first baby (a girl btw) - does he have more then? A whole brood of mini mr.C's......

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi evertone
Well eent into hospital n wed for my op had it done thurs and came home this afternoon. It is very painful and swollen but i guess thays to be expected. The doc wad quite straight about how risky tjis ead before i went down and when i saw him today he said it didnt go as bad as e expected which i guess is a good thing. I have an air bubnle so have to lay face down untill sunday which is difficult. I also cant see anything out of that eye other than feint shaddows which is scary but he said thats bevause of the air bubble. he said its too early to tell if iys been successgul so im just praying it has. He dif laser in my other eye too and thats now very blurry so im feelung a bit sorry formyself niw.
Hope it starts to feel better soon i know i have just gotta be patient.
Hope u are all doing wrll x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
leb said:
Hi evertone
Well eent into hospital n wed for my op had it done thurs and came home this afternoon. It is very painful and swollen but i guess thays to be expected. The doc wad quite straight about how risky tjis ead before i went down and when i saw him today he said it didnt go as bad as e expected which i guess is a good thing. I have an air bubnle so have to lay face down untill sunday which is difficult. I also cant see anything out of that eye other than feint shaddows which is scary but he said thats bevause of the air bubble. he said its too early to tell if iys been successgul so im just praying it has. He dif laser in my other eye too and thats now very blurry so im feelung a bit sorry formyself niw.
Hope it starts to feel better soon i know i have just gotta be patient.
Hope u are all doing wrll x

Aaawww leb thank you for letting us know how it went. My prayers are with you as well and I hope it will be a good outcome for you and has been sucessful :thumbup: . You have been through so much, like a lot of the 'poorly eye' members on here. Please take good care of yourself and btw laying face down until Sunday, whoa, it does sound very difficult :( Thinking of you with lots and lots of very good wishes :( RRB XXX

dazzer1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People mainly.
Just wanted to wish you all the very best leb for your treatment, retinopathy must be an horrendously frightening thing to go through.

shop

dazzer1975 said:
Just wanted to wish you all the very best leb for your treatment, retinopathy must be an horrendously frightening thing to go through.

Me too, wishing you a positive and speedy recovery.

Lucy xxx