Proof Low Carb works...

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Hi everyone,
sorry I've not been around, I got married.... Yeeey!! :D :D

Wedding day was absolutely amazing. I was a little high in the evening but tried to just correct and not think about it too much really.

What I want to share with you is, on our honeymoon I forgot to bring my scales and would you believe it, it took us 3 days to find a shop that sold some (even then they were tiny and very old fashioned). So, I had to pretty much guess on my bolus's for my meals. I based the guesses on what I already knew and the approximations of normal sized foods etc from when I'm normally in work. Anyway the result was slightly higher, erratic sugars and obviously being on honeymoon I treated myself to some cakes, chocolate and ice cream (I'm type 1 so I can bolus for all this, obviously I never usually eat all this '****').

So within a day of being back home with my scales and trusty 'normal' foods, my sugars have returned to normal and have not budged. So this here in, is my happiness in that low carbing has turned my life around and it really does work if your willing to put in the effort.

Hope everyone is well x

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Faith* said:
Hi everyone,
sorry I've not been around, I got married.... Yeeey!! :D :D

Wedding day was absolutely amazing. I was a little high in the evening but tried to just correct and not think about it too much really.

What I want to share with you is, on our honeymoon I forgot to bring my scales and would you believe it, it took us 3 days to find a shop that sold some (even then they were tiny and very old fashioned). So, I had to pretty much guess on my bolus's for my meals. I based the guesses on what I already knew and the approximations of normal sized foods etc from when I'm normally in work. Anyway the result was slightly higher, erratic sugars and obviously being on honeymoon I treated myself to some cakes, chocolate and ice cream (I'm type 1 so I can bolus for all this, obviously I never usually eat all this '****').

So within a day of being back home with my scales and trusty 'normal' foods, my sugars have returned to normal and have not budged. So this here in, is my happiness in that low carbing has turned my life around and it really does work if your willing to put in the effort.

Hope everyone is well x

:clap: :clap: :clap: Couldn't agree more and congratulations on your recent marriage! :thumbup: