Public Health Collaboration 2019

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Who’s coming?

I’ll be volunteering as usual, please come and say hello.

@bulkbiker ?

Reactions: DJC3

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still recovering from recent foot surgery so can’t do a whole day in London but meeting up for dinner with a few forum members one night.

Whereabouts in London will you all be?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wiflib will definitely say hello and be in touch - recovering from steroid injection in right hand yesterday so typing is very slow today!

Can you advise on a good meeting point at lunch for forum attendees? Would be a shame to miss anyone.

Last edited:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@wiflib will definitely say hello and be in touch - recovering from steroid injection in right hand yesterday so typing is very slow today!

Can you advise on a good meeting point at lunch for forum attendees? Would be a shame to miss anyone.

I’ll be in the main foyer with all the other volunteers and we will all have this years T-shirt on. If lunch is anything like last years, you are in for some awesome low carb food.

Reactions: Goonergal

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m going on the Saturday and will definitely seek you out and say hello. In what capacity are you volunteering?

We mainly meet and greet, make sure people know where the facilities are, do the registration, sort and sell the T-shirts and chat with people who have only just stumbled across our way of eating.
Speakers and delegates travel from all over the world for this and I can’t tell you how utterly amazing it is.

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @wiflib I look forward to meeting you at the conference. I’m a weekend delegate- like @Goonergal - there on Saturday and Sunday morning and Sunday lunch although, unfortunately, I need to leave just after lunch on the Sunday. I’m really looking forward to the event too - it should be great with lots of good speakers.
Sounds like we’ll be able to easily spot you in your real food t shirt and introduce ourselves. See you there! I’ve got a real food t shirt as part of my PCH membership - but looks like I shouldn’t wear it at the conference as otherwise may be asked questions I don’t know the answer to!

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ll be in the main foyer with all the other volunteers and we will all have this years T-shirt on. If lunch is anything like last years, you are in for some awesome low carb food.

I've eaten several times in the RCGP for various reasons, and the food is always excellent, and low carb, if that is what's been ordered (which I'm sure it will be).

Yai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This looks like a really informative event. I look forward to reading any feedback or viewing any videoclips which attendees or speakers are kind enough to share afterwards.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This looks like a really informative event. I look forward to reading any feedback or viewing any videoclips which attendees or speakers are kind enough to share afterwards.

All the previous years are on YouTube, Tim Noakes’ should be watched by everyone. Have the tissues ready.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @wiflib I look forward to meeting you at the conference. I’m a weekend delegate- like @Goonergal - there on Saturday and Sunday morning and Sunday lunch although, unfortunately, I need to leave just after lunch on the Sunday. I’m really looking forward to the event too - it should be great with lots of good speakers.
Sounds like we’ll be able to easily spot you in your real food t shirt and introduce ourselves. See you there! I’ve got a real food t shirt as part of my PCH membership - but looks like I shouldn’t wear it at the conference as otherwise may be asked questions I don’t know the answer to!

You’ll see us, you have to register with one of us before you can do anything else!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon deligates, volunteers and everybody else going.
I’m in London, ready and poised for the weekend, look forward to seeing you all.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Have a great time Duckies!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well! Saw goonergal and what a larf we had. After crowing about the food, neither of us could eat it.

Chilli marinaded chicken and spicy fish in coconut sauce were the carni options and we don’t like spice! I had some cheese.