Pump help!!

H

Hooked

Thank you, I'm a competitive swimmer so I wasn't sure whether or not the pump would be the right route to go down. Is it noticeable?
I love my pump (Have it almost a month now); it helps keep me under much better control and so much handier than injections. It doesn't bother me at all when I'm sleeping. I've three medium to large active dogs here, and no bother with them jumping up and knocking against me.
For exercise, some people detach their pump whilst they are doing it and then reattach and test afterwards. Others prefer to keep the pump attached. I know the Animas Vibe is waterproof. I think you can get waterproof cases for the others; but no experience of using those.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I'm the same as a few others - everything changed on day 3 (Teflon cannulas). This is what my DSN told me to do, so I obey :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Blimey.. No way will I change from my accuchek pump after reading all the above posts!!
Thankfully my consultant and DSN already got my new pump with Roche and the funding sorted out and everything in place for August!!!
Glad now that I stuck with Roche!!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Blimey.. No way will I change from my accuchek pump after reading all the above posts!!
Thankfully my consultant and DSN already got my new pump with Roche and the funding sorted out and everything in place for August!!!

I would have gone with the Roche apart from needing the CGM integration that the Animas Vibe gives. I will put up with a lot of **** in order to have the CGM. I know that's not a factor for you DD.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not cgm, nope, definitely not..
Did look at others because I also house n dog sit a place with a swimming pool that I can use... But figured that if I can detach for a shower or bath for an hour, detaching for swimming pool won't be a hardship.
Did look at the one being made in Wales, but on phoning them and a promise of a phone call back from them.. Nobody did.. So theygot wiped off my list for poor customer service.
Accuchek been fantastic with me night and day with their customer service, can't fault them at all. No problem getting batteries either.

Tiny bit hesitant getting a brand new Roche model though...I know they should be all tested etc.. But there is nothing like humans in real living circumstances to test them properly...

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate

Lol I did laugh when I read your post :) . Personally I wouldn't touch the Roche pump with a barge poll as so many complaints about flat batteries, hand sets not working oh and the famous bubbles. It put me off for life.
It just proves how different everyone is doesn't it?

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I used to be the biggest moaner!! Initially cos of the **** sets that were withdrawn mainly....

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah it's easy to moan about the flaws and irritations, but the big picture is, it's an awesome piece of kit.

I wanted the vibe but think I'm. Getting the Medtronic.

I'd get all grumpy about it but I'm too happy and excited to be getting ANYTHING to complain :)

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Reactions: 2 people