Pump outcast

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @phoenix I will give that a whirl. 15mm should be just about big enough to get the spade connector of an Inset II through.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Spiker this may or may not be helpful, I always wear a shirt with pocket at work and put my pump in the pocket with tubing going between shirt buttons, only once in three years has anyone noticed and they thought I was wearing a pager :). Sometimes I wear it in a trouser pocket (if my shirts not tucked in or wearing a T shirt. Also sometimes wear it around my neck too if in T shirt and limited pocket space or going to be very active.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks Chas. I don't have shirts with pockets but I could get some, good idea.

I don't get to wear a T shirt or untucked shirt at work. Alas.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya Spiker.
I know what you mean. I've had a pump for 2.5 years now and the tube thing used to really do my swede in.
I work in theatre so can hide it in an inside-tunic/PJ top type thing. It is annoying though, sticking out of your pants.
I used to do the hole in the pockets thing too but found that I couldn't be bothered.
I did try a SPIBelt (running elastic micro bumbag) which is brilliant and they even do a diabetic pump one with an opening to fit a tube through. Amazon do them for ~£20 and they're ace at night too.
I used to use one and they hide all excess tubing and go round your waist and conceal the pump nicely.
Doesn't solve the psychology but maybe talking it through with a psychologist at your Diabetic clinic could help you to deal with this.
It does get rid of the **** tubing though!

Reactions: 5 people