pump set problems

prickles1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,
Does anyone find a problem with infusion sets for their pumps..i sleep on my tummy and turn around a lot in my sleep and this pulls at the sets either making them loose or pulling them out completely.? Its starting to get on my nerves a little now because when i wake in the morning and realise this has happened i have extremely high blood sugars :/

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Simple solution is to put some tape over the tubing it doesn't then put any pressure on the cannula if pulled.......... problem solved :)

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
If tape doesn't work, move your sets slightly so less pressure goes on them or learn to sleep a different way. It is possible. I used to only sleep on 1 side but now sleep on either depending on which side I have a set in.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,
Does anyone find a problem with infusion sets for their pumps..i sleep on my tummy and turn around a lot in my sleep and this pulls at the sets either making them loose or pulling them out completely.? Its starting to get on my nerves a little now because when i wake in the morning and realise this has happened i have extremely high blood sugars :/

I'm a very restless sleeper, but haven't had problems with sets being pulled. I do tuck all loose tubing in my PJs though. Positioning the pump and tubing carefully is a big help, I've found.

If you can work out what part exactly is being pulled, then that might help you find a solution.

Like @CarbsRok I also use a bit of tape sometimes if I find I'm catching the tubing on clothes or whatever.

I also make sure I have a lot of slack on the tubing so me and the pump can move about without putting it under pressure.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My thought here is to tape but is the length of tube too long or too short?

I too am totally awful sleeper and toss n turn endlessly. I had probs with a pump that I had to leave roaming in the bed... twice I got so wrapped up I couldn't move!! Had to wake hubby up to get him to disentangle me and the pump. Set remained in place though. When I went back to the pump I wore on my arm I with my long tube to bum then I had no probs.

Tape over the tube would help.

Just concerned that your tubing length may not be ideal or where you are wearing the actual pump at night. This too can interfere with sleep and make tossing and turning worse.