Pump Upgrade

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just thought I would share with everyone that I got my upgrade letter today......

cant wait......its very liklely the 640g.....

what cool things can i expect?

what not so cool things?

and are the consumables the same....?

ive just ordered 3 months worth...

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yay upgrade, @novorapidboi26 ! No idea about the 640g (am a newbie Insighter m'self), but I just wanted to say a big yaaaaaay for your upgrade!

:happy::happy::happy:

edited for typo

Last edited:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey i'm a 640g user and very happy, nice bit of kit and easy to use, give it some time as with anything new it takes adjustment but will be fine in time ;)

Reactions: Snapsy

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
Its a great pump but then i will say that as its the only pump i have had. So all i can say is its very easy to navigate around.

The Contuor Next Link 2.4 as you know sends your BG results straight to the pump.
If like me you want a spare meter Bayer/Ascensia will give you a spare meter but it won't be one that will communicate with your pump. However they do sell them through Rowlands pharmacy online for £24.99

Regards

Martin

Reactions: novorapidboi26

Angusc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
they will give you a spare I've had 2 if you say you need a backup meter for the pump

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
they will give you a spare I've had 2 if you say you need a backup meter for the pump
Hmmm. Not so sure about that. They refused when I asked! I had to go and buy one. The policy seems to be "only if the pump is for a child will they give a spare meter".

@brett Depending on timing next year, you may even be able to get a 670G...

Angusc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I argued safety as I used to get very low with out warning and needed it to keep the cgm accurate as it's not safe to rely on just 1 meter, I have 4 meters of 3 types as you can get very odd reading and using meter of different makes allows double checking readings and you need a another meter for ketones any way

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have 2 contour links fortunately, and normal meter too, the wireless function is a luxury....lol....

I will take as much as I can get though...