Question on Herbal Tea Beverages

Bluemarine Josephine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello my dearest, loveliest people! I hope that you are all very well!

I want to ask you regarding tea and herbal tea beverages. Have you noticed them affecting/raising your blood sugar? (Obviously, I am referring to the beverage itself, no sugar/ honey or milk added.)

I have come across a brand which does rare herbal tea blends with mint, chamomile, peony, rose petals, lavender, orange blossoms, hibiscus, lemongrass etc. and (before trying them) I thought I’d ask for your advice?

I wish you a lovely day and a great week ahead full of excellent readings!!
Regards
Josephine

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello,Bluemarine- joseph, from personal experience twinnings fruit teas are very good and no nasties in them, lemon and ginger being my fav'
What brand are you viewing?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Can't say I've ever seen an issue with tea, herbal or otherwise raising glucose. Including some rather lovely Oolong teas.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Shar67

Never had a problem, you can make your own, which is really easy to google some
I also like flavoured water, using this on 2 litres of water, tsp of fresh grated ginger, sliced medium sized cucumber, 1 lemon thinly slided, hand full of mint leaves, (sometimes I add okra) put them all in a jug overnight.
I've never boiled it but you could try.

Bluemarine Josephine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never had a problem, you can make your own, which is really easy to google some
I also like flavoured water, using this on 2 litres of water, tsp of fresh grated ginger, sliced medium sized cucumber, 1 lemon thinly slided, hand full of mint leaves, (sometimes I add okra) put them all in a jug overnight.
I've never boiled it but you could try.

Hello! This sounds so nice! Thank you, I will definately try it.
(Doesn't the lemon juice in the water affect your BG though?)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello Clive!
Thank you for your reply. I hope that you are very well!

I am thinking to purchase from this brand: http://www.bellocq.com/collections/teas

Have a good rest of the week!
Josephine
Thanks for the link..some very fine teas there,i work as a luxury minicoach driver,one of my jobs last summer was for the chinese embassy looking after 4 Chinese admirals..at the end of our 3 day hire they gave me some of their own personal tea from thier own bushes about 50 pounds sterling an oz... it was very nice but way out of my price range lol...clive

Reactions: 4 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Thank you Tim! I am always looking forward to your reply.
Have a good week ahead!
Hello Bluemarine Josephine, I have been having Herbal teas from when I was diagnosed in Jan this year, and yes Twinnings are good and I sometime purchase mine from Aldi, I have camomile [ helps sleep] Peppermint [ helps with indigestion] Lemom/ Ginger [ refreshing] and have never had any problems with BG readings. Hope this helps answer your question:)