Question..

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hey,

Just wondering, any accu-chek combo pump users know if there is a setting to increase the 'low cartridge warning'?

It's set to go off at 20u.. The other day i was in a hurry to get to work early, an hour after i'd been there my pump alarmed with the low cartridge warning, i didn't have a spare cartridge with me (i know i should carry one)

so i had 20u to last me through breakfast, dinner and basal until i got home, luckily i pulled it off and after careful planning i got home with 3u to spare.

I've looked through 2 manuals for the pump and i can't anything, i've also looked through all the menu's on my pump (it's set to advanced so i assume all options are there)

I would feel much more at ease if i could change it to an amount i would know would get me through the day if this happens again that's all..

But after looking i'm pretty sure you can't change it but thought i'd ask anyway :)

thankssssssss

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Not that I know of...I normally just press my left lower button to find out how much I have left to avoid getting caught out, once I know it is below 40 I always check, especially in my most precious time....sleeping, as I don't want me or hubby to be disturbed whilst asleep, as it is my fav hobby!!!!!! Becuase of air bubbles I will very, very rarely let it go below 30 without changing it.....

ebony321

Dislikes
donnellysdogs said:
Not that I know of...I normally just press my left lower button to find out how much I have left to avoid getting caught out, once I know it is below 40 I always check, especially in my most precious time....sleeping, as I don't want me or hubby to be disturbed whilst asleep, as it is my fav hobby!!!!!! Becuase of air bubbles I will very, very rarely let it go below 30 without changing it.....

I don't think there is, i read the manuals twice!

I usually check in the morning, or before i leave the house etc. But i got caught out because i was in a hurry.

I've got to order a few things today so i'll ask just incase im missing something.

Thanks! :)

jopar

I've looked at both my pump and meter menu's and can't find anything which was a surprise as I'm sure that I could change this setting when I had the old spirit pump..

I would give the tech a bell, they should be able to help you out if there is a way of sorting it..

I'm lucky though as I used so little insulin that the 20 unit alarm suits me, as I can go for another 24 hours+ when it screams as me

ebony321

Dislikes
jopar said:
I've looked at both my pump and meter menu's and can't find anything which was a surprise as I'm sure that I could change this setting when I had the old spirit pump..

I would give the tech a bell, they should be able to help you out if there is a way of sorting it..

I'm lucky though as I used so little insulin that the 20 unit alarm suits me, as I can go for another 24 hours+ when it screams as me

i was suprised too when i couldnt find anything, especially as you can change a few things, like the amount of units you prime with!

My insulin requirements are lower than on MDI but i still use around 22 units basal and a around 2.5:13g ratio (slightly lower at lunch and tea)

the 20u warning isn't too bad, i could definately manage for 8 hours, but it's just easier if i forget again thats all :)

thanks!