Question

Sandy D

I don't know what to do, he just said to see him in 2 weeks. I told him that every morning I get weals on my legs, he just looked at me with that look of " I don't believe you". So I showed him some photos I had took that morning of my legs and he couldn't quite believe it. What can I do now ?

Sandy D

It like hives not (bee) I am always itchy more so in a morning . I try not to itch but if I do the skin comes up in big watery blisters. I put cream on them, it stop the itching and then they disappear and leave no mark .

lilibet

Hi Sandy

Sorry to hear you're feeling rotten. Its also horrible when your GP makes you feel unlistened to. Is there perhaps another one in the practice?

As for the symptoms, have you considered either side effects of your medication?
Or given the weals and relation to food, what about a food allergy. Did the doc measure for inflammation/allergic response antibodies in blood- forgive me if my medical info is off pat but I know they can tell a lot from blood tests.

IS there somethign specific that you eat or take meds for in the morning when you get weals. Not saying this is the problem but maybe another avenue.

Hope this helps

L

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Sounds like an allergic reaction to something,you said he changed your medication,what did he change it to?

Sandy D

I have been on the same medication for years and these conditions have been getting worst over the last 2 months. I haven't changed my diet really, the only thing different is when I have a hypo I eat a lucozade sweet. I usually have hypo if I don't eat enough or coming up to meals, I started having stomach ache after eating and sometimes feeling faint.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I definitely think you need another opinion on this Sandy,something has changed and you need to find out what it is.

Trinkwasser

sugarless sue said:
I definitely think you need another opinion on this Sandy,something has changed and you need to find out what it is.

Agreed, those weals sound very much like an allergic reaction to *something*, and your doctor sounds singularly unconcerned.

Paperdos

Hi,
Yes i'd agree with the others. I went to the doctor with 'urticaria' itchy skin basically, i'm on Cetirizine, it's an anti-histamine, you can buy it over the counter called Zirtek. If you're getting fed up of going to the doctors and having no joy. You take 1 pill at night and that's it. It has completely stopped my itchy skin. Give it a try. If it works for you then tell your GP to get it on prescription. Or, if you pay for your prescriptions it would be cheaper just buying it over the counter at your local chemist.
Before you do, please check with the pharmacist that the other meds you're taking won't cause any problem with the anti-histamine.

Check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticaria
does that look familiar?

Let us know how you get on

Trinkwasser

Paperdos said:
Hi,
Yes i'd agree with the others. I went to the doctor with 'urticaria' itchy skin basically, i'm on Cetirizine, it's an anti-histamine, you can buy it over the counter called Zirtek. If you're getting fed up of going to the doctors and having no joy. You take 1 pill at night and that's it. It has completely stopped my itchy skin. Give it a try. If it works for you then tell your GP to get it on prescription. Or, if you pay for your prescriptions it would be cheaper just buying it over the counter at your local chemist.
Before you do, please check with the pharmacist that the other meds you're taking won't cause any problem with the anti-histamine.

Check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticaria
does that look familiar?

Let us know how you get on

Good point, ask your pharmacists to take a look at your legs, that would be an easy way to get a second opinion!