QUESTIONS PLZ HELP

so my stomach was causing me pain not cramps but it would get hot for a week and usually it will leave by itself or when i eat sleep or shower it was random but now its the same way but with my heart rate going higher?it randomly spikes then lowers i dont know whats going on im going to get it checked by a gi doctor in 5 days but im still unsure

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m glad you are seeing a dr about your problems, as we can’t diagnose here on the forum. Do you have diabetes? If you do it’s all too easy to blame diabetes for every ill. Just bear in mind it maybe something completely unrelated.

Reactions: Rokaab
i have a question can a prediabetic have 2t diabetic symptoms as in like i had frequent thirst and dry mouth but that went away for months but now they started again a week later

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i have a question can a prediabetic have 2t diabetic symptoms as in like i had frequent thirst and dry mouth but that went away for months but now they started again a week later
The answer is yes, but that doesn't mean that it has to be behind what's causing your problems. The level of 48 for T2 diagnosis was picked because retinopathy is rare (therefore not unknown) at BG levels beneath that. It's kind of a backstop, to my mind.

I had an interesting set of diabetic symptoms long before my BGs went over 48 - the symptoms largely went when BG came back into normal range. Lesson for me is that my problems start at BG levels around 43 or 44. I know people who had higher BGs with no symptoms, so there is no guaranteed read-across from one person to another.

Reactions: EllieM
The answer is yes, but that doesn't mean that it has to be behind what's causing your problems. The level of 48 for T2 diagnosis was picked because retinopathy is rare (therefore not unknown) at BG levels beneath that. It's kind of a backstop, to my mind.

I had an interesting set of diabetic symptoms long before my BGs went over 48 - the symptoms largely went when BG came back into normal range. Lesson for me is that my problems start at BG levels around 43 or 44. I know people who had higher BGs with no symptoms, so there is no guaranteed read-across from one person to another.
i have one more question is sweating after a meal another pre diabetic symptom because i had it twice in the past 3 days and i might have to get it checked

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i have one more question is sweating after a meal another pre diabetic symptom because i had it twice in the past 3 days and i might have to get it checked
I'm assuming you've had an HbA1c reading somewhere between 42 and 48, so that you've been told by someone qualified to do it that you're pre-diabetic?

Not everything is caused by diabetes, even if you have diabetes. I'm attaching a link to a list of symptoms various people have described at one time or another.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/type2-diabetes-symptoms.html

Sweating as a diabetic symptom is normally associated, in my experience, with low blood glucose - what's often described as hypoglycaemia. It might therefore be less likely to occur in someone who's just eaten. There could be many other causes of sweating and if you are worried about it you need a professional opinion. No-one on here can or should try to diagnose.