1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Quick bedtime question?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by ChrisEG1981, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ChrisEG1981

ChrisEG1981 Type 2 · Member

Is a blood sugar level of 4.6 considered too low to go to bed with?

2. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

Yes, as you are taking Gliclazide, which lowers blood sugars, you would be better keeping it a little higher than that. 4.6 is fine for non-medicated or just Metformin people. Has your nurse not given you any instructions about this?

3. ChrisEG1981

ChrisEG1981 Type 2 · Member

When I was first diagnosed back in November, my levels were high (blood test came back at 109 and when tested with meter there and then it was 27.3) and to be honest with you it all came as a bit of a shock to me so I wasn't really taking in what the nurse said, I do recall the nurse saying if below 5 I should take something to raise my levels, but saw the doctor a couple a weeks after that and he said below 5 is OK but below 4 I should take something to raise my levels and it didn't help not long after that my Doctors surgery closed down and had to register with a new surgery.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook