Quick bedtime question?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, as you are taking Gliclazide, which lowers blood sugars, you would be better keeping it a little higher than that. 4.6 is fine for non-medicated or just Metformin people. Has your nurse not given you any instructions about this?

ChrisEG1981

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, as you are taking Gliclazide, which lowers blood sugars, you would be better keeping it a little higher than that. 4.6 is fine for non-medicated or just Metformin people. Has your nurse not given you any instructions about this?

When I was first diagnosed back in November, my levels were high (blood test came back at 109 and when tested with meter there and then it was 27.3) and to be honest with you it all came as a bit of a shock to me so I wasn't really taking in what the nurse said, I do recall the nurse saying if below 5 I should take something to raise my levels, but saw the doctor a couple a weeks after that and he said below 5 is OK but below 4 I should take something to raise my levels and it didn't help not long after that my Doctors surgery closed down and had to register with a new surgery.