Quick Hello

MPH

Diagnosed T2 two weeks ago via HGV driver Medical (Have to have medical every five years for licence)
Came as a complete surprise as I didn't think I had any symptoms.
Have spent considerable time looking on this site and numerous others about LCHF and decide to take the advise from the pro LCHF fraternity .
Spoke to GP about LCHF and his response was "agree with low carb but should also be low fat"
Diabetic nurse followed the usual eat carbs and take medication to counter the effects.
So the results after a week of LCHF
1 Lost 5 pounds in weight
2 Testing blood yesterday am pre food 5.2 two hrs after breakfast 6.8 pre lunch 4.9 after 6.7 pre supper 5.6
This morning 4.4
3 More energy ie I'm going for a longish walk this morning because I want to not have to!
4 Fingers like pin cushions but at least I know whats happening to my sugar levels ( Dr says no need to test)

So hello to all on the forum and thanks for the info

Am looking forward to next blood test at the doctors to see if my "score" of 53 will drop

Regards

M

Reactions: 14 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @MPH and welcome to the forum. Well done on your results so far. Those are great reductions in BS levels and weight in just one week on LCHF. Stick with it!

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi welcome :)

Looking at your results so far I would say you have made the right choice. If your doctor had ever tried to lose weight/control BGs himself he would know that low carb low fat isn't sustainable long term.

I look forward to your next update. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@MPH - Hello and Welcome to the Forum. Well done on you blood sugar results - and only recently diagnosed too.:)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great results @MPH well done. I'm 4 weeks diagnosed, following LCHF too, testing myself and getting educated. Went to DESMOND course recently - "no need to test, eat carbs ... just carry on and you will be fine" - without this forum I would be lost. Best of luck with continued improving health ... guess that is what we all want

Reactions: 4 people

MPH

Thanks for the replies
Still trying to get to grips with BG numbers
As I'm sticking with LCHF diet over the last couple of days my BG hasn't risen above 5.2
This morning was 4.4 then decent breakfast of veg omelette with bacon
Went for 1/2 hr walk and tested before lunch approx. 4 hrs after brekkie scored 3.7 ( bit low ? )
Half Lidl protein roll with butter and pate tested after 2 hrs still only 4.1
Before dinner 4
Didn't feel at all out of sorts but was rather surprised at the low readings
Losing weight and having to punch extra holes in my belt , more energy , sleeping better and generally more upbeat.
Also noticed that I'm not hungry for some time after meals so yesterday only had good breakfast and then dinner at 17.30
Main question is if I'm type 2 do I have to be concerned about readings being too low or just let things find a natural level

Thanks in advance again

M

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@MPH Readings of 4-7 for a T2 are fine. Bear in mind also that meter readings aren't 100% accurate and can be up to 20% out.
You are doing great! :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Diagnosed T2 two weeks ago via HGV driver Medical (Have to have medical every five years for licence)
Came as a complete surprise as I didn't think I had any symptoms.
Have spent considerable time looking on this site and numerous others about LCHF and decide to take the advise from the pro LCHF fraternity .
Spoke to GP about LCHF and his response was "agree with low carb but should also be low fat"
Diabetic nurse followed the usual eat carbs and take medication to counter the effects.
So the results after a week of LCHF
1 Lost 5 pounds in weight
2 Testing blood yesterday am pre food 5.2 two hrs after breakfast 6.8 pre lunch 4.9 after 6.7 pre supper 5.6
This morning 4.4
3 More energy ie I'm going for a longish walk this morning because I want to not have to!
4 Fingers like pin cushions but at least I know whats happening to my sugar levels ( Dr says no need to test)

So hello to all on the forum and thanks for the info

Am looking forward to next blood test at the doctors to see if my "score" of 53 will drop

Regards

M
Hi MPH, Welcome to the forum, well done, as for your fingers use hand cream after your BG readings and try not to prick the pads of fingers try at the sides to protect nerve endings.