Quickie question and answer...

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Question really for SD Codefree users (or any related systems).
Some time back I thought the spring in the stabber/lancet assembly was weakening. I couldn't get a new one from Home Health so I replaced the whole kit.
Now I find the spring won't release and I'm facing replacing the kit, monitor and all, for a second time.
Feel free to chip in with anything helpful, but I'd like to know how much use do people get out of theirs, or is there another way to buy just the lancet holder?

D

Deleted member 308541

Get a Accu-Chek Fastclix lancing device, it works with every brand of meter even unsupported ones.

Reactions: Barb McD

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Oh dear @Rachox !
I'm hanging my head! Home_ Health is the only site I've ever used for my gear, and I'm clearly not clicking where I'm supposed to. I could only find the complete kit. I've clicked your kind link and ordered a spare.
And I can stop using my kitchen knife to draw blood now...

Reactions: Barb McD

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Get a Accu-Chek Fastclix lancing device, it works with every brand of meter even unsupported ones.
Thanks @Tipetoo

Is life getting back to normal with you now. I've not been in touch during the fires but obviously been following your situation. Hope you're OK.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for the offer @alanj

But to get from the Dorset coast to the frozen wastes north of the Ice Wall would require passports, innoculations, tattoos...

so I'll have to pass.
Thanks anyway.

;)

alanj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Get a prescription from your gp for a box of Gluco rx 30g lancets, free lancing device in box

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I use my Accu Chek Fastclix. You can use any lancing device. It doesn't have to be the one that comes with your meter. The Fastclix is the best device going, as far as I'm concerned.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question really for SD Codefree users (or any related systems).
Some time back I thought the spring in the stabber/lancet assembly was weakening. I couldn't get a new one from Home Health so I replaced the whole kit.
Now I find the spring won't release and I'm facing replacing the kit, monitor and all, for a second time.
Feel free to chip in with anything helpful, but I'd like to know how much use do people get out of theirs, or is there another way to buy just the lancet holder?

I have been using the Codefree since 2013, but have never used the lancing device. It always felt very "harsh" to me. I found a different one I liked better and stuck with it.

I was recently introduced to a different meter, by HomeHealth, the Gluco Navii, which is more modern and may be more accurate. I'm still fairly new to that meter, but they are doing a deal, whereby if you order the meter, plus 100 GlucoNavii strips, they will deduct the cost of the meter, thereby making it free. That obviously includes the lancing device, which looks like the twin of the Codefree.

The relevant page is here: https://homehealth-uk.com/all-produ...ose-meter-test-strips-choose-mmol-l-or-mg-dl/ .

If you fancy giving it a go, and for whatever reason you can't get it to work, just give them a call. As you probably know, they are super-keen to please.

To be clear, I am a very happy customer of long-standing. I have absolutely no commercial relationship with them whatsoever.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Get a prescription from your gp for a box of Gluco rx 30g lancets, free lancing device in box

Sorry @alanj but my GP doesn’t understand why a T2 patient needs to self-test. So the chances of anything other than self-funding is remote!

Reactions: jjraak

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have been using the Codefree since 2013, but have never used the lancing device. It always felt very "harsh" to me. I found a different one I liked better and stuck with it.

I was recently introduced to a different meter, by HomeHealth, the Gluco Navii, which is more modern and may be more accurate. I'm still fairly new to that meter, but they are doing a deal, whereby if you order the meter, plus 100 GlucoNavii strips, they will deduct the cost of the meter, thereby making it free. That obviously includes the lancing device, which looks like the twin of the Codefree.

The relevant page is here: https://homehealth-uk.com/all-produ...ose-meter-test-strips-choose-mmol-l-or-mg-dl/ .

If you fancy giving it a go, and for whatever reason you can't get it to work, just give them a call. As you probably know, they are super-keen to please.

To be clear, I am a very happy customer of long-standing. I have absolutely no commercial relationship with them whatsoever.

OK @DCUKMod, I’ll try it.
I gently destroyed my first monitor in Rome, when it wouldn’t keep dates, made errors and generally ****** me off. That forced me to buy an Italian one for two weeks. I’ve replaced two prick sticks/lancing devices since then, so I’m up for something new.

And yes, I’ve found them a great company to deal with- more so since I worked out how to get the bulk buy discount!

Edit for poorly disguised profanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK @DCUKMod, I’ll try it.
I gently destroyed my first monitor in Rome, when it wouldn’t keep dates, made errors and generally ****** me off. That forced me to buy an Italian one for two weeks. I’ve replaced two prick sticks/lancing devices since then, so I’m up for something new.

And yes, I’ve found them a great company to deal with- more so since I worked out how to get the bulk buy discount!

Edit for poorly disguised profanity.
There is a bulk discount for these too, but I don't know you ca. Mix the two - free meter and bulk buy, but if you are into that, why not give the money a call. Worst they could say is no?

Let me find the codes for you.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@nomoredonuts , I can't lay my hands on the discount code right now, but I will get it for you. Watch this space.......

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@nomoredonuts - That took a while, but here we are. The codes are:

20% off 5 packs of strips = navii5

25% off 10 packs of strips = navii10

Free meter with purchase of 2 packs of strips (from this link: https://homehealth-uk.com/all-produ...ose-meter-test-strips-choose-mmol-l-or-mg-dl/) = dcuk

So there is now a small advantage buying 10 or 5 pots of strips.

Just one other thing (apparently), they have adjusted the prices of the additional strips when you buy the meter via that link, so that the 20% discount for buying 5 packs of strips is included. Therefore, you could buy the meter and add 5 packs of strips and then if you add the dcuk discount code, you would get the meter plus 5 packs of strips for the 20% discounted price (£33.29).

Good luck with it. I'm sure folks would be keep to hear how you get on with it.

Edited to correct 10 pot text.

Last edited:

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A sterling effort @DCUKMod !
I'm away dog-sitting in the frozen North but back home next week. I'll look into this and give an update.

Reactions: DCUKMod

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
"Edit for poorly disguised profanity."

I should have used the real word! I would have felt better and you could have still enjoyed editing it. Now the members will have to guess which ancient Dorset terminology I used!!

:happy:

Edit for blame apportioning - It wasn't you, it was @Rachox !

tinker1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rainy days

Free meter with purchase of 2 packs of strips (from this link: https://homehealth-uk.com/all-produ...ose-meter-test-strips-choose-mmol-l-or-mg-dl/) = dcuk

Just one other thing (apparently), they have adjusted the prices of the additional strips when you buy the meter via that link, so that the 20% discount for buying 5 packs of strips is included. Therefore, you could buy the meter and add 5 packs of strips and then if you add the dcuk discount code, you would get the meter plus 5 packs of strips for the 20% discounted price (£33.29).

Hi this code hasn't worked does anyone have any other codes for home health test strips many thanks