reached my jogging goal :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, sorry this is off db topic but im very please with myself and like sharing hehe, ive been exercising for about 6 months and slowly building up my fitness, I started doing parkruns 5k which was very daunting at first but now am comfortable doing them, Saturday I did the 5k in 29.53 my target has been 30 mins so im well chuffed :) I finished 192nd lol

if anyone is starting exercise for health reasons and finding it tough please keep it up, its so beneficial for us and im living proof that you can go from never ever ever doing any to things getting easier and you may even find it enjoyable like I do now

thanks for letting me gloat :)

Andy

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woohoo go Andy! My goal is the same as yours.... Still a way to go yet!

Reactions: Paul41

sparkyrich

Nice one Andy! My stepson does the park run every week and he's seen his times come down as well. Mind you, he's a lot younger and fitter than me (Jabba the huts a lot fitter than me!).

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
thankyou :)

jabba the hut? lmao that cracked me up

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Thankyou netty :)

shame we aren't closer hale I could drag you around and you could share the iron lung at the end :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha you'd have to tolerate my tantrum as I get tired! I get grumpy at my dog when he runs too fast lol

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Andy, you have made some great progress so far and this is another big milestone ! Top man ! Respect !
Mo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well done Andy, you gloat away :D

That's fantastic news and I'm so pleased for you.

Give up, give in or give everything and you certainly have given your all :clap:

RRB :)

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Oh! Never heard of Park Run, just googled it and decided it would be a great thing for me and the family to do. My (skinny) husband owns a pair of trainers but they still have the tags on. Love the idea we can do it with the children.

Thanks for posting!
Cara

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
sheeesh just typed out a reply and it disappeared so ill have another go sorry if it duplicates...

thankyou all :)

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/

have a look at the website its great fun for all the family (including dogs hale) you can walk it or just do half the run or both, the people running things are really nice and no one will think bad of you if you are overweight or cant complete it etc

if anyone wants to have a go but cant manage the exercise get yourself down to nonsuch park in cheam at 9am Saturday morning and ill carry you. :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Andy12345 said:
if anyone wants to have a go but cant manage the exercise get yourself down to nonsuch park in cheam at 9am Saturday morning and ill carry you. :)

Ill see you on Saturday Andy purely for the comedy value ;)

slaterk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well done mate. I was similar a few years ago. I was very unfit and a friend asked if I fancied doing a 10k with him. I started by running 2 mins and walking 6, 3 times, which would knacker me out. I persevered, went to run 3, walk 5, then run 4, walk 4 etc. I completed the 10k but was exhausted. I carried on going and since then have completed many 10ks, the Edinburgh Marathon and several triathlons, including London Olympic distance and last year a half ironman. Then I fell ill, was then diagnosed T1 and have only just started running and cycling again. It's still my dream to complete a full ironman, perhaps in a year or 2 and have entered next year's London marathon (we'll see if I get in). I can only reiterate that if I can do it, anyone can! Since being on insulin life has been tough and the times I feel my best are after a good run or bike ride!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
slaterk said:
Well done mate. I was similar a few years ago. I was very unfit and a friend asked if I fancied doing a 10k with him. I started by running 2 mins and walking 6, 3 times, which would knacker me out. I persevered, went to run 3, walk 5, then run 4, walk 4 etc. I completed the 10k but was exhausted. I carried on going and since then have completed many 10ks, the Edinburgh Marathon and several triathlons, including London Olympic distance and last year a half ironman. Then I fell ill, was then diagnosed T1 and have only just started running and cycling again. It's still my dream to complete a full ironman, perhaps in a year or 2 and have entered next year's London marathon (we'll see if I get in). I can only reiterate that if I can do it, anyone can! Since being on insulin life has been tough and the times I feel my best are after a good run or bike ride!

wow, great, id love to progress onto bigger and better and I love your positive attitude towards the future :) :) very much good luck :)

sparkyrich said:
Andy12345 said:

So, you've got a sack cart?

lol will be kinda fun if lots of us turn up wanting a carry :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
this week 28:34 woohoo, wow how boring is this for everyone but me? lol

im having fun which is the important thing right?