Reading is bad for me

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
So, I've been reading a series of book's recently that are set in america about a female bounty hunter, (just some light trashy chic books, don't rush to buy them) and she is a sugar addict always eating doughnuts, sweets and peanut butter sandwiches.
Now I've away has a liking for peanut butter but since starting these books it's got to the point that i have a jar in the office and eat it by the spoonful. Now that's not so bad BUT she also keeps eating Reeces peanut butter cups and what did i find in the supermarket this weekend, yup you've guessed it, two of the three cups were gone before i even got the rest of the shopping in the car.

so what seemingly innocent pastime has caused you to cave and give in to the sugar craving ??

Lyn

PS I didn't eat the 3rd cup, i gave it to the other half

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This made me chuckle :lol: - I was exactly the same when I read Chocolat many moons ago before DB - I just had to have chocolate - the funny thing is I am not, and have never been that keen on chocolate and never really ate it much anyway! :?

ClaireG 06

Lynmi said:
So, I've been reading a series of book's recently that are set in america about a female bounty hunter, (just some light trashy chic books, don't rush to buy them) and she is a sugar addict always eating doughnuts, sweets and peanut butter sandwiches.
Now I've away has a liking for peanut butter but since starting these books it's got to the point that i have a jar in the office and eat it by the spoonful. Now that's not so bad BUT she also keeps eating Reeces peanut butter cups and what did i find in the supermarket this weekend, yup you've guessed it, two of the three cups were gone before i even got the rest of the shopping in the car.

so what seemingly innocent pastime has caused you to cave and give in to the sugar craving ??

Lyn

PS I didn't eat the 3rd cup, i gave it to the other half

Stephanie Plum by any chance?! I've been reading them to :D Great books and so far have resisted temptation!
I do eat small amounts of peanut butter though but mainly on burgen bread toast or celery and not in sandwiches or by the spoonful....yet!

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
that's the one Claire, I've got as far as book fifteen, they are so easy to read,

peanut butter and celery, hadn't thought of that one, guess i know what i'll be getting from the shop at lunch time

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Mine was a craving for rice. Not sure what book I was reading, Shantarum? but I had to have rice in a 'poor man's dish'. ie best eaten with fingers not a fork with a scattering of veggies and no meat. Bliss...........................

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I agree about Reading.

Was there on Saturday for a football match.

It's a terrible place, I won't be going back in a hurry. ;)

WhitbyJet

Reading and watching TV - many moons ago was watching A Country Practice ( :lol: Yes I know), the actors ate doorstep slices of toast with marmalade on with such gusto, I couldnt resist, I ate my way through an entire family loaf of bread plus jar of marmalade during just this one episode.

Still hits me now, but nowadays I immediately think to myself 'need to find a way of recreating this dish to make it suitable for low carb'