• Fake

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
So still have not got my tree up as everyone apart from me me wants to have a change,they all want a real tree now don't get me wrong I can do change well most of the time lol just wanted to know what everyone thought good or bad I personally thought that they only lasted a few weeks so to me it's a no brainier save the money and put the old one up.
What are your thoughts Real Or Fake?
image.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So still have not got my tree up as everyone apart from me me wants to have a change,they all want a real tree now don't get me wrong I can do change well most of the time lol just wanted to know what everyone thought good or bad I personally thought that they only lasted a few weeks so to me it's a no brainier save the money and put the old one up.
What are your thoughts Real Or Fake?View attachment 8783

There's no category for Imaginary.......

Just sayin'

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I always had a real tree but we had a lot of space,we have moved house and downsized and I dont have the same space,not just the tree but the mess it makes.
If you get a real one get a blue spruce it dosent drop as much.
Im just as happy with my artificial one,

Reactions: 9 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I used to have real, such a lovely smell of pines,but for the last few years we have a medium sized fibre optic tree. My teenager and I love the different colours that change. Just having the tree on at night, so magical.

If you haven't seen the comedy film @ National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, with Chevy Chase, it a must see film, especially when getting their Christmas tree................... :hilarious: :D :hilarious: :)

RRB

Reactions: 8 people

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
We always had a real tree; seven or eight feet tall. It was tradition to go find the finest looking one and bring home in the car with the boot lid tied down. You can’t beat the scent of a real tree either when you walk into the room after a trip outside on a winter’s night.
Now? The kids have left the nest. Table top artificial with white lights. With the other decorations and scented candles it is just fine.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Did you see obsessive compulsive cleaners on TV last night.
A lady takes the baubles of the tree every other day and washes them.
another lady takes her tree down on Christmas day after the presents have been opened ,and cleans up.
Must be so hard to have to live like that.I thought I was fussy,more so since I have retired,but gosh im not that fussy after seeing that.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always had an artificial one when I was growing up but since leaving home we've always had a real one.

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
when i was younger, the family always had a real tree
now i,m on my own, i have a small artifical one

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

This year artificial one , used to have real ones ...bought some little green sticks ....you hang them in your artificial tree and they smell of pine ...
£5 for a box ...from the shop with the penguin in !!!!

Reactions: 4 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Fake is so much better for the enviroment!!! It must be.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks the debate goes on for us at this rate it will be new year,my daughter said about the smell of the tree,I just want one up got most of the ornaments out,also we have a green garden bin that the council collect with all of your grass cuttings ect,goes to be turned into compost so don't have to worry about getting rid of it afterwards.
image.jpg

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Go for a real one Snowy, the smell of a real tree when you come on a morning is lovely and it feels more like Christmas, you can now get the trees that don't drop their needles and will last well beyond the Christmas period.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Go for a real one Snowy, the smell of a real tree when you come on a morning is lovely and it feels more like Christmas, you can now get the trees that don't drop their needles and will last well beyond the Christmas period.
We did have one as children and the next day all the pine needles were all on the floor lol,you have all come up with good fors and against I am more confused now.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
We did have one as children and the next day all the pine needles were all on the floor lol,you have all come up with good fors and against I am more confused now.

Don't you get the ones now where you can replant them and use again the following year?

We always had a real tree as children and my dear old mum would get fed-up with hovering the needles up, my wife and I had one when our kids were little too butwe changed to an artificial tree some years ago now, I would happily change back again but my wife is unsure, a bit late now anyway as we already have our tree up.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
The smell of pine is lovely but it dosent last long as the tree gets dry.
but I love candles .I light them every night.