really lost

Rnicholls1990

So.as.you lot know I am having lots.of.problems with my legs and muscle jerks and weakness and have now started having severe all over body pain and shortness of breathe also this metal smell.in my nose when my sugar goes to 10.0 normally my readings are normal with the occasional high but no one's perfect right I don't know why I am.in so much pain. With diabetes suicide is becoming a possible option since the pain is unbearable my doc dosent know what is wrong I have eye pains headaches even when my readings are normal my legs jerks and are stiff and my muscles ache constantly it's like walking on two planks of wood I fear I will start falling soon I'm.only 24 years old and have had diabetes for 5 years this isn't fair and surley something else Is going on inside me wondering if anyone has had the same thing i have had emgs and there always negative

michaeldavid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not thinking
Go back to your doctor, and maybe take a print-out of what you've written above.

If he or she still won't help, you should certainly ask to see a different doctor.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
So.as.you lot know I am having lots.of.problems with my legs and muscle jerks and weakness and have now started having severe all over body pain and shortness of breathe also this metal smell.in my nose when my sugar goes to 10.0 normally my readings are normal with the occasional high but no one's perfect right I don't know why I am.in so much pain. With diabetes suicide is becoming a possible option since the pain is unbearable my doc dosent know what is wrong I have eye pains headaches even when my readings are normal my legs jerks and are stiff and my muscles ache constantly it's like walking on two planks of wood I fear I will start falling soon I'm.only 24 years old and have had diabetes for 5 years this isn't fair and surley something else Is going on inside me wondering if anyone has had the same thing i have had emgs and there always negative
You need a doctors appointment today. I believe that it is common for diabetics to suffer from anxiety and depression. If your doc doesn't know what's wrong then it would not seem unreasonable to ask for a hospital referral. There must be some way forward. Please, please, please seek some advice! Today!
I have included a website for you
http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

Reactions: 6 people

desidiabulum

Muscle pains and leg spasms can be caused by vitamin B12 deficiency, which GPs often forget to check. It might be an idea to ask your GP whether they are checking for this.

Reactions: 2 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hi,
please see your gp, not everything we get is diabetic related,
i have similar symptoms and have m.e and fibromyalgia, you definitely need to see someone asap, there are meds that do help for those symptoms

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't forget if you can't get an appointment with your gp there are walk in centres.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Is there a diabetic clinic up at you nearest hospital?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Please seek urgent medical attention straight away. If not your doc, go to A&E. There is clearly something going on in addition to your diabetes and you should not have to suffer like this. Please let us know how you get on.

Reactions: 6 people

suenjames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its only what i have read and don't want to give you false advice but statins can cause a lot of pain I stopped taking my statins because i had lots of stiffness and pain in my legs and they got a lot better.

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry that you're in such a bad way. Get your Vit B and Vit D checked out ASAP. These e Vits tend to be low in many diabetics but docs don't test for Also, what insulins are you on??? Not taking levemir or lantus by any chance as many diabetics cannot tolerate these 2 long lasting insulins but some consultants don't believe that this can be so. Look up lantus problems or tiredness with lantus on the forum. Fai;ing all this get a second opinion. Good Luck.

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
One reason I stopped statins after two months was that I had terrible pains in my legs - especially at night when in bed. Kept me wakened all night, and did not respond to pain killers. My doctor did a blood test to see if it was muscle inflammation, but no result as yet. Will let you know. Can't recall the name of the test (AK ?) but will find out! Will see if pains disappear now and let you know.