Recently been diagnosed with diabetes

Zama

@Resurgam

Thank you for the advice, I'll bare that in mind.

So far I've noticed it hasn't raised my bg as much but I'll definitely keep a watchful eye!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040

Thank you so much for your kind words and advice. I have managed to keep my carbs very low and my BG reading have been ranging between 6/7mmols. I go to bed with a readings of 6.1/6.4 and fasted readings of 7.1/7.2.
I feel like myself again and have been a bit cross with myself as my husband has been pushing me to keto well before I ever knew I was diabetic.

I am so happy to hear your hbA1c is at a normal range. Gives me hope that it is achievable!

I am so grateful for all of the advice and kind words I've been receiving.
Thank you again
Your readings are brilliant. Don't be cross with yourself - none of us had any idea that our bodies were unable to deal with the amount of carbs that make up our modern diet.

When I found this forum my aim was to halt the rapid progression of neuropathy in one of my feet (it had gone from low risk up to high risk and was very numb). Also I wanted to improve the Diabetic Macular Oedema. These were getting progressively worse. Now, I cannot even remember which foot had the problem as it has been back to normal for such a long time. Eyes are much improved also.

I feel so lucky to have found this site as there is so much good information on it and everyone is so helpful. I definitely could not have done it without this forum.

Zama

Your readings are brilliant. Don't be cross with yourself - none of us had any idea that our bodies were unable to deal with the amount of carbs that make up our modern diet.

When I found this forum my aim was to halt the rapid progression of neuropathy in one of my feet (it had gone from low risk up to high risk and was very numb). Also I wanted to improve the Diabetic Macular Oedema. These were getting progressively worse. Now, I cannot even remember which foot had the problem as it has been back to normal for such a long time. Eyes are much improved also.

I feel so lucky to have found this site as there is so much good information on it and everyone is so helpful. I definitely could not have done it without this forum.

Likewise, I am honestly so grateful for this website. I really appreciate everyone's assistance and advice.
Its now has been a week and honestly I've never felt better. My readings are getting better day by day. I've even went as low as 4.8mmols and I didnt feel hypo or anything. I feel great everyday now.

Sincerely thank you all.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Likewise, I am honestly so grateful for this website. I really appreciate everyone's assistance and advice.
Its now has been a week and honestly I've never felt better. My readings are getting better day by day. I've even went as low as 4.8mmols and I didnt feel hypo or anything. I feel great everyday now.

Sincerely thank you all.
Congratulations!

As you body gets used to lower levels the false hypos should drop and you’ll get used to the 4.8 and below. When i started it was harder as I was getting hypo symptoms at those levels. But now I go much lower (into technically hypo level) and feel fine. I’m not on drugs mind you so slightly different. But non diabetics can drop to these levels okay so I just monitor carefully.