RECOGNITION AWARD

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is the only forum I have ever been part of so I am unsure of the right protocol.

I just want some sort of recognition for the quick thinking and alertness of several of our members. Their actions managed to avoid the unthinkable happening!

I always assumed that the "weirdos" would stick to their own "suspect" sites. I never imagined they would try and infiltrate honest, decent websites. But then I suppose I am quite naive. I will definitely be on my guard from now on and, it's a shame, but I will be more suspicious too.

I want to publicly thank the members for their actions and give them a round of applause :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited to remove names

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Re: DIDIE RECOGNITION AWARD

Seconded. :D

We always have to be careful as it is easy to have knee-jerk reactions but in some cases it is certainly warranted.

Nice one Didie :clap:

A

Anonymous

Well done Didie on outsmarting the bad guy :clap: :clap:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

chocoholicnomore said:
I always assumed that the "weirdos" would stick to their own "suspect" sites. I never imagined they would try and infiltrate honest, decent websites. But then I suppose I am quite naive. I will definitely be on my guard from now on and, it's a shame, but I will be more suspicious too.

What happened Choco?

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

Thanks Choc, but I wasn't the only one who reported the individual and they are still being investigated, so the jury is really still out on them.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

didie said:
Thanks Choc, but I wasn't the only one who reported the individual and they are still being investigated, so the jury is really still out on them.

Still non-the-wiser :?

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

Didie and Catherine spotted a character who was acting suspiciously here and raised the alarm, especially as said poster said he was 10 yrs old on his profile.

Possible but judging by the posts, highly unlikely. Action has been taken to investigate and a decision will be made so all is well.

Good call both of you.x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

ladybird64 said:
Didie and Catherine spotted a character who was acting suspiciously here and raised the alarm, especially as said poster said he was 10 yrs old on his profile.

Possible but judging by the posts, highly unlikely. Action has been taken to investigate and a decision will be made so all is well.

Good call both of you.x

Yep good call Didie and Catherine :clap:

WhitbyJet

Yes Didie but also Catherinecherub noblehead borofergie Dillinger wiflib patch viviennem xyzzy Unbeliever ladybird are my nominations

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

Yes well done Didie we should all be very grateful to you :clap: :clap: :clap:

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.

WhitbyJet said:

Yes always difficult to spot a sheep too short you see. :lol:

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

WhitbyJet said:
Yes Didie but also Catherinecherub noblehead borofergie Dillinger wiflib patch xyzzy Unbeliever ladybird are my nominations

I salute them all!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's so good to know that there are such honest, decent people in the world when all you ever hear about are the bad.

(Oh and the stupid one like me who read the posts and never noticed :oops: :oops: )

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia

Grazer said:
WhitbyJet said:

Nice to be an afterthought.... :|

It's like the Oscars dude, she reads out all the nominations before the winner...

With all the nasty stuff going on on the forum it's good to recognise that most of us are here to help each other.

(Apart from me, I'm just here for here to try and get cheap laughs).

WhitbyJet

Oh lovely Grazer you are special and never just an afterthought. Just my typing at fault

Pneu

It's a good thing that we have so many vigilant members.

But can I take the opportunity to point out that although the individual in questions posts certainly were suspicious he/she is yet to be shown to have been lying. I think it best that for now we leave this with Benedict to resolve on his return from holiday on Tuesday.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

WhitbyJet said:
Yes Didie but also Catherinecherub noblehead borofergie Dillinger wiflib patch xyzzy Unbeliever ladybird are my nominations

Also your good-self for services to low-carbing! :clap: