Red face / feeling ill

Ianmac

Dislikes
unfriendly people , chicken stirfry !!
Hi everyone
1st of all my apologies if this has been discussed before.

I have Type 2 and take Metformin and Gliclacide.My readings have stabilized now but every so often say every 2 or 3 days I get a really red face that lasts all day. Along with the red face I feel ill. My GP always asks......in what way do you feel ill..?
Now when asked that I find it extremely difficult to quantify..." ill " .
Along with with this I find that after eating i'm hungry again almost immediately and feel progressively more and more " ill " until eating again upon which time ...I feel better.
Anyone else one have these problems...if so ..can you help me out.?

Thanks in advance. :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'll 'bump' this up the forum in the hope that you get a reply.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I presume your GP checks your BP .. a red face is often an indicator of hypertension. I also presume your GP has ruled out Slapped Face Disease.

Ianmac

Dislikes
Brilliant Hobs...lol..!

Blood sugar level around 7, no hypertension , no high / low blood pressure..

As I sit here typing this my face looks , and feels , as though i'm blushing I have a slight queasy feeling and had a headache up until 10 mins ago. I suffer from chronic sleep apnoenea , chronic back / joint pain due to an RTA , a coming together with a bus and..have had 2 heart attacks .

Honest injun...any help would be appreciated..

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Ianmac said:
Brilliant Hobs...lol..!

Blood sugar level around 7, no hypertension , no high / low blood pressure..

As I sit here typing this my face looks , and feels , as though i'm blushing I have a slight queasy feeling and had a headache up until 10 mins ago. I suffer from chronic sleep apnoea , chronic back / joint pain due to an RTA , a coming together with a bus and..have had 2 heart attacks .

Honest injun...any help would be appreciated..

As you've had a couple of MI's I'm wondering if you are on warfarin (its usual) or any other anticoagulants.
Anticoags can cause flushing.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm said:
Not Warfarin maybe Atorvastatin is the culprit Hobs....?

I've never known a statin to persistently do that and I know many on statins. I would also like to know why after two known MI's you are not on any preventative anticoagulants... it goes against standard NHS advice and proceedure. Well, around my health area in West Sussex it does.

Ianmac

Dislikes
I shall take your implied advice Hobs and arsk my GP on my next visit for my checkup......thanks for that.. :)