Red wine before food - experiment

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So long as it is not a Newcastle Brown diet!
CAROL

Northernangel

Thanks guys.. Not sure about lactic acidosis but will look it up? I've never really had anything explained other than reading leaflets..so I thought I would pop on here and I may learn a few things.
I only socially drink and not that often because I usually drive but with Christmas coming up would like to have a couple ..

Northernangel

Spent great day batch making curry and its a belter. Lots to freeze. Low carb and mega tasty due to glog on red wine and one for the chef! Its a hot and sour dansak and quite possibly my best ever ( lots of ghee) I love lchf ). Happy days

Any chance of the recipe yum yum

alliebee

Ok will try. Lots of onions fried in ghee or clarified butter with leeks. Take them out and put in teasp of ground coriander. Same of cumin seeds and cumin powder. Teasp of madras powder and of chilli powder and one green chili and 2 garlic cloves chopped I big teasp of tumeric and a pinch of cinnamon..and one teasp of tamarind paste and a great big dessert sp of pataks mago chutney. Chuck beef or chicken or lamb in and brown adding water if sticking. Add stock to get to right constituemcy. Chuck the lot and onions and leeks in slow cooker with some tomato paste and a big handful of red lentils stir taste and add a glass red wine...wait till tonight and report lol. Er salt n pepper

Northernangel

That sounds fab thanks for that..
Il try that at the weekend.. Can't do ghee.. (Gallstones) awaiting op.. but will try a alternative..,

alliebee

Its not needed. You can dry fry it all with a splash of water to stop spices sticking and use plain yoghurt before it all goes in oven or slow cooker

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Last night I was 4.8 before eating (out) and had a Mexican burger with side salad (no bun, no chips) and a bottle of Zest low alcohol beer. Then met friends at the pub and had just a pint of Kentish Fife & Drum 3.8% bitter (I was driving). Not a proper experiment because I didn't test at 2 hours after starting to eat, but back at the house after a coffee at bedtime I was 5.5.

Reactions: 6 people

littlelin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness; Ageism;Rain&Cold.
Ok will try. Lots of onions fried in ghee or clarified butter with leeks. Take them out and put in teasp of ground coriander. Same of cumin seeds and cumin powder. Teasp of madras powder and of chilli powder and one green chili and 2 garlic cloves chopped I big teasp of tumeric and a pinch of cinnamon..and one teasp of tamarind paste and a great big dessert sp of pataks mago chutney. Chuck beef or chicken or lamb in and brown adding water if sticking. Add stock to get to right constituemcy. Chuck the lot and onions and leeks in slow cooker with some tomato paste and a big handful of red lentils stir taste and add a glass red wine...wait till tonight and report lol. Er salt n pepper
Thank you sounds just great, c

littlelin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness; Ageism;Rain&Cold.
Sorry alliebee, got carried away without finishing it! Especially like it cos we are a couple with gluten, lactose & diabetic needs
becomes a bit of a challenge. ps Enjoy the wine - we do but white wine goes 'ping to the head and bloods/ x

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
So Mrs Sanguine says 'would you like a glass of wine before dinner?' so of course I say yes and think 'Oh goody I can replicate Bluetit's experiment!'.

So before the drink I was 6.2 (whaaat!) and after the drink but before eating I was 5.3. I like this game.

K

Kat100

Spent great day batch making curry and its a belter. Lots to freeze. Low carb and mega tasty due to glog on red wine and one for the chef! Its a hot and sour dansak and quite possibly my best ever ( lots of ghee) I love lchf ). Happy days
I love curry ..... :)

Reactions: 5 people