Regular moderate exercise log

M

Moggely

My exercise was 30 to 40 mins of walking but shingles this week and too painful so nothing unfortunately.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi@DJC3 I have been miserable since i was diagnosed this year but that just made me lololol. Dancing in the kitchen after wine sounds like such fun. Most try it.

And of course red wine is low carb and positively medicinal! Get dancing!
Well done on the walking, especially when suffering with shingles.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, trained on a Saturday, wonders don't cease, squats (45 minutes just to get under the bar) but 70kg 5x3 technique, technique, technique for me at the moment

Take care everyone

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday shoulders, strict form standing dumb bells press up to 22kg x 8, 5 sets of 40kg military press, front raises up to 14kg side raises the same, face pulls to 25kg and some trap rowing to 40kg, blood sugar was a little low to start so I'm still off the pace and my shoulders are my weak point so I'm happy enough with that :)

Swimming with child tomorrow...

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Argh!! That ridiculous moment when I'm 1.3 miles off a round 100 number in the grand Japes Spreadsheet of Walking and Blood Sugars Data and I am so tempted to do a brisk 25 minutes before bedtime. But, I am going to resist temptation as I don't want to eat anything more today, (I'm a nice pre-bed number now, and half an hour more walking would drop me to an unsafe number) and I have done 40,000 steps.... which is a bit immoderate. I'm very sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goonergal and kev-w

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
In the interests of full disclosure. It's just as well I didn't go for the walk, as since I've dropped by just as much as I'd've expected for a half hour walk! So, I've still had to have a small snack before bed. Extra Dextro and snacks by my bed tonight, methinks, just to be on the safe side given that tomorrow, being Sunday, is a working day for this organist. (Why on earth does Grammarly want to correct that to organism?!?!?)

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Argh!! That ridiculous moment when I'm 1.3 miles off a round 100 number in the grand Japes Spreadsheet of Walking and Blood Sugars Data and I am so tempted to do a brisk 25 minutes before bedtime. But, I am going to resist temptation as I don't want to eat anything more today, (I'm a nice pre-bed number now, and half an hour more walking would drop me to an unsafe number) and I have done 40,000 steps.... which is a bit immoderate. I'm very sorry.

Wow! 40,000 steps?
Brilliant.

Reactions: kev-w

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow! 40,000 steps?
Brilliant.

Thank you! Now it's six weeks off Main Paid Work plus four consecutive Sundays off the organ stool (a rare treat! But the work I've done to ensure that happens smoothly is horrendous and I've still got a few hours to do now I've sorted the printer,) once I've played for next Saturday's wedding as well as a return to walking form, what with the dramas of working out insulin requirements, (basically, for now, don't bother with fast acting on a long walk day and don't over-do it once home) tendons, weather, sickness and end of academic year worn-outness, I'm hoping for quite a few more days of that kind of step count. I still maintain it's moderate exercise, just immoderate numbers.

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was 10.5k steps and 30 mins on static bike which HR monitor tells me averaged 117 bpm. Same distance as yesterday so theory suggests I worked a bit harder although it was hotter. Aware this is all a bit one dimensional but trying to avoid a back op if possible. I think I need well chosen resistance exercise - does it matter if it is all upper body?

Reactions: kev-w and Goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs that's quite an impressive numbers you have there.
Thanks @Moggely which numbers are you referring to? I am maybe a little harsh on myself, according to the fake news media, so feel a little deflated at times. Since you had shingles your 30 mins walk is very good rather than better than nothing. Beats my effort hands (or feet) down:)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t checked in here for a couple of days. Exercise has been a bit low key - feeling unusually lethargic and my shin problem seems to have spread to my foot and ankle: yesterday and today ended up almost hobbling along.

Friday got to 15,354 steps, yesterday 12,839 and today somehow managed to get up to 18,528.

Reactions: kev-w and ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t checked in here for a couple of days. Exercise has been a bit low key - feeling unusually lethargic and my shin problem seems to have spread to my foot and ankle: yesterday and today ended up almost hobbling along.

Friday got to 15,354 steps, yesterday 12,839 and today somehow managed to get up to 18,528.
Nice step count @Goonergal - perhaps the lower limbs are sending a discreet message

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went for a swim yesterday, did 1300m in 31 minutes but found myself dropping off with my bloods afterwards but probably the bolus tail rather than the exercise.

I was surprised I'd only done 31 minutes swimming by my swim watch as I must have misread the pool wall clock thinking I'd swum for 40 mins but hey :)

I can feel it today too.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Summer red in tooth and claw here today. I will scrape the 10k steps and I did 30 mins static bike with a proper 20 min HIIT so ticking over and keeping an eye on the back.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably should credit my local bus company with today's step count which is remarkably good considering I have been on the buses a lot today trying to work out what on earth all the changes are about. and why was it necessary to change the whole of the bus routes network in the south-west of my city in one go. I did lose the will to go on some time into the process and walked most of my frustration off!

(Basically every useful-to-me route has changed, it's going to take longer to get home from work on the one "direct" route which was always my 2nd choice if my 1st choice was playing up, but 1st choice bus no longer goes near my workplace, or the two good shopping places, though it does now stop close to the Diabetes clinic building at the hospital... except if all goes well next time I'm being discharged back to GP care. Plus, almost every useful to me place is now a two bus journey rather than one bus. Incandescent is an understatement and nothing to what I was thinking about seeing the stressed elderly folk at church almost in tears yesterday trying to understand it all. Especially those who struggle with mobility anyway wondering how they are going to deal with the uphill walks now. )

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
. Incandescent is an understatement and nothing to what I was thinking about seeing the stressed elderly folk at church almost in tears yesterday trying to understand it all. Especially those who struggle with mobility anyway wondering how they are going to deal with the uphill walks now. )
@Japes have a cyber hug and prayers for yourself and members of your congregation impacted. Seems like a project for interdenominational collaboration - is that likely?