108.6 KB · Views: 358

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Swimming this morning. Managed 46 lengths in the same time as I did 40 last week. At that point cramp set in so abandoned plans to go further. Clocked up 11,234 steps during the rest of the day.

Reactions: kev-w

Geoffno6

IMG_6891.jpg

Pre waking up increase in BG then 8.15 breakfast of eggs bacon and a cup of cream, 12.5 at 9am, 2 mile run followed by leisurely 30 minute walk and down to 9.6 now

Geoffno6

And as I sit relaxing my numbers have crept back up to 10.7 from 9.6 in just 20 mins, but it’s only 90 minutes since breakfast

M

Moggely

No exercise today as i didn't sleep a wink last night and was so tired all day. Time for me to go to bed soon. Hate insomnia.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A decent session as I felt tired afore I got cracked on, 1,325 m Distance, 32:29Time, 2:27 min/100m Avg Pace breaststroke copied from my swim watch then a chest session in the gym, I'd had a banana pre swim and needed 3 Dextrotabs pre gym and was fairly weak, usual routine, db press, bb press, flys and pull overs then home to cook tea.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. This won't look good so I'll get my excuses in first. 2 nights sleeping on a Tesco blow up bed and 3.6 hrs driving was not good for my back problems so I protected it by taking things easy. Excuses out the way, I will make 9.5k steps and did 30 mins static cycle @ an alleged 72% max hr. Useless for bg control so I hope it has been friendly for my back.
Hope everyone else has done better.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I wouldn’t fancy a blow up mattress! Yesterday was pretty low key - Pilates session during which I inexplicably kept getting calf cramps. Got to just over 15k steps, mostly in short bursts. Swimming planned for tonight so long as I get out of the office on time.

Reactions: kev-w and ianpspurs

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlifts last night 195kg 4x2 felt very heavy and had to dig deep to get it finished then a finish set of 155kgx6 and that felt very, very heavy but got it done. As my wife is very found of saying "get some work in"

Reactions: Goonergal and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Deadlifts last night 195kg 4x2 felt very heavy and had to dig deep to get it finished then a finish set of 155kgx6 and that felt very, very heavy but got it done. As my wife is very found of saying "get some work in"
Sounds to me as though no one has ever in your life needed to tell you to work harder. Mrs JP must have very high standards indeed.

Reactions: kev-w and johnpol

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds to me as though no one has ever in your life needed to tell you to work harder. Mrs JP must have very high standards indeed.
She has ever since the time I was doing a truck pull and she shouted the immortal words "you are not going for a walk with a wagon .......NOW MOVE" ever since she is my best and biggest critic, always says "get the work in" can't fault her especially as I will be on the platform after all my health issues.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just back from swimming. Managed to get to 48 lengths before cramp set in - slowly creeping up towards 50 lengths. A bit slower today but very enjoyable. 12,683 steps during the course of the day.

Reactions: ianpspurs and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tuesday back session, not as heavy as I would have liked so did extra reps lighter weights but the same routine and finished each exercise doing 'drop sets' where you drop weight go again, drop weight etc, I'm blaming the lack of strength on yesterdays swim and going a bit later but I like my excuses :p

Edit, no deadlifts in the name of knee protection :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Seems as though taking it easy yesterday was the right move. Managed 30 mins static bike tonight 70% max hr so ok. Nice walk this morning only possible 2-3 weeks each year - dogs love that walk. Will make 13.5K steps by pedometer.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
bench last night 100kg 6x4 felt ok, finished off with biceps D/B curls with35kg 2x15 then hammer curls 35kg 2x15 and then home.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: Goonergal and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Swimming, 1000m (1km) breaststroke in just over 24 minutes, then 5 lots of 2 lengths crawl with tumble turns, the last one of which went wrong and I hit the pool bottom in the deep end as I didn't straighten, well tbh I haven't got a clue what I did but it was funny and it's hard to laugh under water :) so I gave up after that, fuelled by a banana a 9g slice of bread with olives and 2 Dextrotabs, good bloods....

Reactions: Japes

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reasonable day compared to last week or so, 17K steps recorded on pedometer not the 21.5k fitbit shows. Includes 35 mins lawn mowing and carrying the 20kg bag of chicken feed 40 yds from car to feed bin. Looking back at records for 2016 this is poor. Now I need to figure out how we got here and fix it:arghh:

Last edited: