Regular moderate exercise log

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Legs day for me, single leg curls to start, then both legs to 65kg on the machine, squats, starting at 60kg x 15and working up to 110kg x 4 for the last set but using both knee wraps and a belt, then leg extensions, single leg then both together to 70kg, then a couple of light sets on a leg press machine, finishing with 1500m on the treadmill.

Pleased with that :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Considering I was in the car for about 8 hours today I am reasonably happy with 8k steps. Hope you all put up a better show.

I didn’t! One granddaughter forgot to bring her raincoat so only able to go out for 2 very quick trips. They also commandeered my exercise bike so at least they did a reasonable amount of exercise. I’m just about to get on it for 30min now.

Reactions: kev-w

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Legs last night, did leg press with 5 plates a side, 200kg + weight of machine, 6x25 but the pain in my poorly hip was excruciating when I came to do squats so decided to just perform body weight squats and then thigh extensions 6x25 then hobbled home. First "proper" injury for a while but I have four weeks to settle it down before I start the prep for next year.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: jjraak and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday shoulders, usual warm up, kettlebell press up to 20kg x 9, bar bell press to 45kg x 4 super setting with 12kg dumb bells, front raises to 18kg x 4, machine side raises to 15kg, face pulls :p to 17.5kg and oi oi that's your lot.

Still got a weaker left wrist to work on....

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Made it over the line on steps for the first time in 3 days so modest progress. Haven't done anything useful for a few days but hopefully will use next 3 days to deal with that. 11.2k steps - weak effort but could be worse.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Inch by inch towards something a little less deplorable. 13.5k steps - including a Nordic walk with the dogs. Also managed 48 mins exercise bike watching the desolation of the Toffees. Hopefully rinse and repeat next 2 days then day off with grandchildren and sons. Hope y'all had good days.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1 step forward 2 steps back. Mad 3.50 wake up, very bad ankle early on so not the exercise day I wanted. Managed 11k steps. I know it won't do much good but it does feel like some small win. Hoping my ankle is better tomorrow so I can do more. Merry Christmas all you active types.

Last edited:

Geoffno6

Parkrun and a 6 mile walk on Saturday for 24k steps, lazy Sunday 8k, 6 mile walk yesterday for 18k steps and a Christmas Day Parkrun this very chilly morning and 18k steps so far.
Happy Christmas my lovelys x

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope everyone on this thread has been OK. I've been a bit AWOL for one reason or another lately, Sorry about that!

I've been more active on the organ stool for the last three days than anything else... Mr Doofer, the pedometer, is a most excellent little thing and perfect for my purposes, but he doesn't count the organ playing pedalling in the step count! (Other organ playing friends assure me their more advanced technology does count the pedalling steps.) I'm sure I've done miles and miles that way in the Christmas services marathon.

Still, I'm 4.7 miles off completing the year's targets for Continuous Walking, Brisk Pace, and I'm content with that.

Reactions: DJC3 and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Inspirational walking feat their @Japes and hopefully your congregation(s) will be suitably grateful for your efforts. 14k steps, 30 mins exercise bike and weights session of 4 sets of 8x8 for me today. Good, bad or indifferent it will have to do now.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Inspirational walking feat their @Japes and hopefully your congregation(s) will be suitably grateful for your efforts. 14k steps, 30 mins exercise bike and weights session of 4 sets of 8x8 for me today. Good, bad or indifferent it will have to do now.

Oh, it's just the one congregation, fortunately, and they are suitably grateful on many fronts. They're fascinated by the walking exploits and occasionally look very worried at what I'm up to next! There were relatively stern instructions to have a week doing as little as possible... I smiled and said I was going home for a nap and would talk it from there.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Enjoyed the time off today and used it to put a bike out on the road, despite the cold. It was nice to be out! This morning’s temps were under freezing, but after lunch they were slightly over. Rode dowto the beach and back.

Reactions: Goonergal

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just spotted this, but if interested,
you have to be quick.
Tic smartwatch sales £89 down from £140.
Search on tech radar for reviews.
Smartwatch

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Full statistics will be available at the end of the year - but that's all this year's walking targets complete! Now, just to see exactly how much walking over-achieving I can do between now and the end of the year. :D

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Having walked the three miles to the sorting office to collect a parcel and bought it home - in theory just to leave it whilst I went off out again, but then discovered I had to wait in for something else. Or thought I did, but I only read "Delivery Thursday" and skipped the January 24 bit! Goodness only knows where this item is meandering its way from!

In the meantime, I've discovered condensing the contents of the recycling bin is remarkably effective blood sugar lowering exercise. Sighs deeply and mutters darkly, I didn't have enough in the bin to put it out two collection dates ago, they missed the last one, and they have cancelled the next one as they are back on a work to rule regime again.

I've given the wheelie bins their holiday wash whilst I was at it....

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mild and dry day here but what with horses and large groups of ne'er do wells roaming the byways, very sloppy on dog walk. Managed 12.1k steps but even my biggest fan would never try to claim I ever reach brisk pace. I do go as fast as I can so maybe that counts as a decent effort for me.

Reactions: Japes