Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 oh I’m sorry about the leg pain! Hope it unflares itself quickly.
@Emma_369 closing in on your swim goal, right? Well done!
3.1 mile hard fast walk in the hilly ‘hood. Felt very good during it and about myself after. Walking outside is so much happier than in the basement on a treadmill!

A good walk there! I Totally agree about walking outside being better for the soul, it lifts your spirits.

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Way to go @paulmh and @Emma_369 ! What is the total goal of the challenge, and is it a fund raiser for charity?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
@Emma_369 and @paulmh great going both of you, when does it end?

Today I’ve done 11.5k steps but some of them dont count really as I had my phone in my pocket during my gym class this morning. So 1hr gym class and probably 8 k steps. Foot still giving me gyp.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@zauberflote @DJC3
It’s the Swim22 challenge raising money for Diabetes UK. 22 miles over 12 weeks starting from 22nd Feb - 22nd May I’m finding it easier to track mine in lengths - 22 miles is 1416 lengths of my local 25mtr pool so a long way to go yet but I have fell back in love with swimming again

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@zauberflote @DJC3
It’s the Swim22 challenge raising money for Diabetes UK. 22 miles over 12 weeks starting from 22nd Feb - 22nd May I’m finding it easier to track mine in lengths - 22 miles is 1416 lengths of my local 25mtr pool so a long way to go yet but I have fell back in love with swimming again

You’ll be super fit by the end too.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A full mile swam tonight - 64 lengths plus a width to make it the mile but will just put the 64 on my log. Can’t swim now till Thursday next week due to crazy commitments and having to keep my newly applied eyelashes dry for 48 hours :rolleyes: - after going 4 out of 5 nights this week I’ll be having withdrawals!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Longest walk day since last August! Now it's lighter when I'm waking up, I'm getting going better on long walk days!

Did the last bit in the dark, but I do quite enjoy evening walks in the dark for some reason, just less keen on it in the mornings. I'm odd that way...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had an hour in the gym with a personal trainer this morning - my last session with her. Now I just have to keep it up.
Did skipping as part of the training and was very pleased I could do a few sessions of nearly 50 each, I could barely manage any last summer.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Flipped my inside, treadmill only running shoes over today and found it’s time to replace them. I’ve run them treadles.

I was hoping for new cycling shoes (they are going to be 4x greater) but I need running shoes instead.

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An hour doing intervals on the gym bike this afternoon, 530 calories used, max wattage 430 watts, starting blood sugar 5.6 finishing at 4.7, only the second time I’ve checked sugars before and after exercise, is this drop normal?

Reactions: Goonergal

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t been out much today apart from a little bit of gardening but the wind kept blowing my green waste bag away so I gave up.
20 mins strength training with hand weights this morning and 40 mins tai chi tonight, very relaxing.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
12k steps yesterday, Sunday, no gym type exercise for some time but hopefully sorted the root cause of a couple of niggles so may resume feeble efforts soon.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Absent from this thread for far too long.

@Emma_369 and @paulmh great going with the swimming. I got into that last summer after several years and loved it. Must get back to it.

@Japes I’m a prefer the dark in the morning type. Great stuff with your walks.

@DJC3 sorry about the foot pain but great job with the gym work.

@ianpspurs glad you’re getting on top of your niggles.

Not much to report here - been under the weather and that combined with a lot going on at work = less than ideal exercise. Today was 12.5k steps, yesterday a paltry 3.2k, Saturday a more respectable 23.9k, Friday 13k and Thursday 11.8k. No Pilates or football last week either. Walking is difficult as I’ve hurt my foot - what I thought was a bunionette has now developed some nasty redness/an open (very small) wound which makes walking quite painful. Doctors appointment in the morning.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just acraped 10k steps today plus 75 mins yoga which has left me aching in a good way.
Sent off for some 3kg dumbbells to continue the exercises the trainer set me at home. They arrived today but were 1.5kg each which isn’t what I wanted so had to lug them back to the po to return them.
@Goonergal hugs for all the niggling health issues recently. I reckon you need a holiday.

Edit for typo

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
13.5k steps today and no drifting off to sleep. @Goonergal take care of that foot - hope doctor offers solution. Re my niggles - back muscle in Jan/Feb was random unknown issue; joints were probably tree pollen induced but won't know until next year when hopefully will adjust accordingly.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I reckon you need a holiday.

So do I! Have to wait until the end of June for that!

Your dumbbells story reminded me of a friend of mine who over enthusiastically bought a pair that were heavier than she bargained for and had to carry them home individually from the shop!

Reactions: Japes and DJC3